EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it started saturday, i was in the yukon and it started to pour and traffic started to back up, i called the virtual advisor and all it did was BEEP every 8 seconds or so i waited about 5 min and all it did was beep, it usally beeps 3 times and connects, i try to call onstar with the blue button and it did the same thing, i get home (after 45 min of 30 mph driving) and try the denali, same thing, i ask my mother if she is having trouble and she told me all she could do is make phonecalls off of hers, i couldn't even do that, so i figure maybe weather affects it, well sunday morning was sunny i go out and try it again, still nothing, we get the enclave in that night, i go to set it up from the car, (but its pouring again so ?) and it does nothing, so i have to get it set up from a land line, i ask the lady and she told me i think you have trouble with your onstar system, take it to your dealer, i said thats fine if its only one of them BUT 4 SYSTEMS DOING THE SAME THING, inless its a HUGE, couincidence (sp) i think they just didn't want to tell me they had failed.

and the xm didn't fade in and out, it just adh backround static, on even aftermarket xm units in cars with out onstar, strange :-\

DID ANYBODY ELSE HAVE TROUBLE THIS WEEKEND, the enclave worked this morning, so im guessing its working again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's a thread about this same situation on acadiaforum.net, so it wasn't just you. :banghead:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Analog went the wayside in Feb. Only "Digital" equipped On Stars will work now. Some older Models may be able to upgraded. I know my 2006 Rendevzous was Digital Capable.
Any before 2006 may not be. Gm said to ask your dealer or you may be able to Go to ON- STAR on line to determine if yours is capable/or can be upgraded to Digital.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Maybe they pulled the plug on the analog towers where you are and the digital coverage isn't up to snuff. Have you had any trouble with your hand-held cell phones? Are you in a rural area, or in a major population center? The analog fallback on these things won't work if there isn't any analog anymore! What a can of worms the FCC opened back in 2002!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Official cut-off for analog is FEB 18th! Wouldn't be surprised if they started early! No cell phones (analog) or pre '04 Onstar vehicles will work after this date , but many are digitally up-gradeable. Had my '03 Yukon done in Sept.

As stated above, many areas have sparse digital service and analog is going away! Beware. Thanks FCC!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts