EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My search for my ultimate Enclave is on a cold path here in South Florida. I took an another members advice and did a search on buick.com for dealers all over the US. I found over 10 vehicles that fit what i was looking for. NOW the big question.... Should I call the dealers directly and do a deal over the phone or use a local dealer to bring the car in from the out of state dealer and make it the local dealers responsibility to deliver an unblemished, problem free new car??? Is it safe to order over the phone?

Advice is appreciated.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also found my "ultimate Enclave" online at an out-of-state dealer and ended up placing the order over the phone after a few days of emails back and forth negotiating the price. It worked out perfectly for us - we actually got a better deal than what we were being offering from our local dealer, and their phone/email service far exceeded what we were getting live in-person from our local dealer. Then we just took a little road trip to pick her up.

It couldn't have worked better for us. We're so happy with this out-of-state dealer, that we'll probably do business with them again in a few years!

Good luck!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I also ordered a previous vehicle over the phone from an out of state dealer. Wonderful experience. She drove the car to our home to complete paperwork!
You also need to check the status of thses 10 vehicles. I know my Enclave was listed on Buick.com for 3 weeks after I put down a deposit. (I oredered a car that was being built that week so it was actually dealer inventory.) I was nervous about it, but the dealer assured me the car was mine!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I also ordered mine from an out of state dealer but I made sure to follow up all phone conversations with an email summary just to have everything in writing so a he said she said scenerio wasn't possible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Speedo23 said:
Should I call the dealers directly and do a deal over the phone or use a local dealer to bring the car in from the out of state dealer and make it the local dealers responsibility to deliver an unblemished, problem free new car???
My experience says the dealer with the inventory may be unwilling to trade with your local dealer. I had several local dealers contact an out-of-state dealer (about 2 hours from me) I identified that had the loaded cocoa enclave i wanted. The dealer wouldn't trade (presumably to secure the sale themselves). I eventually hopped in the car and drove down there to get it myself. A little frustrating, but it was not a surprise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In early 2007 - I was looking for my specific Saturn Outlook in Dallas, TX and was unsucessful - so made some calls around the state and thought I had found one in Houston. The sales woman told me the Manager would fly me down on their dime and then I could drive it back.

It ended up the one she had captain chairs and I was looking for bench - so it didn't work out. But wanted to share that experience - I thought it was creative that they came up with that idea. And maybe something you could consider when buying in another city or state.

jb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts