Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AW

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Enclave CXL AW with Driver & Luxury plus 2nd seat console.

This was on September 26.

On December 6 my dealer informed me that the reason my order was till in Limbo (preliminary) was because the 2nd seat console would not be available until 2008.

This happened after 10 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have been told that I may not see a vehicle until next year!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Julius Caesar said:
...On December 6 my dealer informed me that the reason my order was till in Limbo (preliminary) was because the 2nd seat console would not be available until 2008....
Liar, liar, pants on fire >:D.
It's because your dealer did not have an allocation for your vehicle. Maybe someone can explain it better than me...
Suggestion: if you are ordering a 'typically stocked' CXL I would start calling around to see if anyone has it in stock or arriving soon. I would purchase that one and cancel my order from the dealer. Where are you located and what color/options do you want? You can check the Enclave inventory in nearby areas or you could scan the country and have it shipped to you...

·
Registered
83 Posts
How do you scan the country for available inventory? The buick site only seems to allow you to search within a set mileage of a zip or city. I entered 5 or so cities but it sure would be nice to be able to perform an entire system scan if possible to see if the enclave I am having my local dealer build actually exists out there beyond my or my dealers limited search.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Go to the Locate Vehicle page, and select your specific Enclave trim and zip. From there, you can play with it as far as the number displayed (I think it still maxes out at 50) and the range at which it searches.

Basically, once you're on the listing page...go into the URL, and modify these things:

1) Number shown:
=&maximumCount=25&searchCountry

2) Search range:
&proximity=300&proximity

It's not really possible to have it show you everything nationwide, but you can at least play with it more this way--at least a tad. The only real way to do a COMPLETE nationwide (or local) search is simply to stop by a dealer and login to the Dealerworld system with them. They can specify the exact combo you want, and simply put a huge range in to search the entire country for that...if they didn't specify colors/options, they'd get a listing that went on forever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday I spoke to my Dealer who informed me that my Enclave will be built the week of January 21, 2008 and will be available on the first/second week of February.

By then , it will be approximately 20 weeks since order date!!!

Am I crazy or what????????????????????

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am so glad you have a Build date!! Whew, that was a Loooong wait! But, honestly, it is sooooo worth it! What color?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Julius Caesar said:
Yesterday I spoke to my Dealer who informed me that my Enclave will be built the week of January 21, 2008 and will be available on the first/second week of February.

By then , it will be approximately 20 weeks since order date!!!

Am I crazy or what????????????????????
JC
At least you are not out to the "Ides of March" :thumb:

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts