EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several mentions of various priority numbers on orders placed but no real explanation of what it means to be 1 vs. 2 vs. 3 etc. Anyone out there have the scoop?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rosten said:
I've seen several mentions of various priority numbers on orders placed but no real explanation of what it means to be 1 vs. 2 vs. 3 etc. Anyone out there have the scoop?
<insert Christopher Lambert accent here>There can be only one. </end accent> ;D

·
Registered
317 Posts
marzetta7,

I believe what Rosten wants to know is not the Order Status in GM's system (called VOMS -- short for Vehicle Order Management System). I believe he's talking about "priority" coding of the order in the system -- in other words, if there are 2 orders, 1 will be pulled/built before another -- based on order of priority. AFAIK, the dealer sets that priority, NOT Buick.

As I mentioned before, Buick has changed their policy on allocation and now ALL ORDERS for Enclave come out of a dealer's Enclave allocation pool. If they have sold more than their allocation and you order a vehicle, your order will sit at code 1100 in VOMS (presuming the dealer enters it) until -- either allocation is increased to that dealer for the month -- or -- the following month, when they have a new "pool" of Enclaves that their dealership is entitled to get.

If a dealer should refuse or not use their allocation, it presumably would become available to other dealers (I have no idea of how they do this -- arm wrestle? lottery? draw straws? 10 paces, turn and fire? :angel:) and then this additional allocation could be used for other orders.

I pulled the following information from elsewhere on the web - this comes direct from a dealer that participates in another forum:

Dealerships can enter as many orders as they want into VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System). As many sold orders as they take or as many stock orders as they want.
These orders will be acknowledged by GM with VOMS order numbers, and they will sit in the dealer order bank/pool.
In fact it is beneficial to have orders in the pool, so you do not miss an allocation opportunity.
The dealership will place them in order of priority.
GM/Buick will be able to see the number of orders each dealership has placed and if they are sold or stock.

When a dealer order cycle starts on a Thursday, the dealership will see how many of each line they were allocated.
They will also see the allocation of any constraints.

A dealership can also request additional allocation.
They may not get it but they can ask.
Any additional allocation would come from dealerships that turned down their allocation or from extra capacity above the allocated amounts.

As an aside, I posted in another thread that the owner of my dealership actually enters all the orders -- and he sets preference by date sold -- not by any other basis. I have confirmed that my order is in VOMS and is preferenced ahead of several other sold orders awaiting more allocations to my dealer, which I've heard may come as soon as the end of next week!!!!! I can only hope.

The dealership could enter the 5 orders they took in April right into the system. They would be there for when the dealership received an allocation amount. The system would then just them "pick" them "up".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
desgnconcpts,
Thanks for the info, that is indeed what I was asking. So the priority number as it appears on the GM Order Workbench printout is only a dealer specific priority and means nothing in the GM system? Can there be more than one "priority 1" order? Is the priority irrelavent because of the dealer needing to use their allocation?

Sorry for all the questions. I'd like to be educated so when I talk to my dealer I'll know what questions to ask. :phone:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello Rosten,
You're welcome -- I, like you am trying to learn all I can -- better to be informed so you don't get jerked around. It has been amazing that once you show the dealership that you have some idea of what's going on, they'll be much less likely to b.s. you and instead give you accurate info.

AFAIK, Priority 1 is the highest priority as a sold order. Beyond that, I believe the GM VOMS "pulls" orders into the actual production system ("Order Workbench") based upon everything from model (CX v CXL) to options to color. And I believe they can have more than 1 Priority 1 Sold order in the system -- I believe that's up to the dealer in terms of how they want to use their allocated vehicles.

I've heard the number 8 as the max (up til now) that any Buick dealer could be allocated in a month (don't know if that's so or not). So, presumably they could have their entire allocation as Sold Priority 1 orders -- but doubtful any would do that because they would like to have an Enclave or 3 in stock, especially if they are able to sell those at MSRP or above and they're willing to sell factory orders at something less (in our case, Supplier). I'm sure the dealers have to weight pissing people off, having them go to another dealer or another brand vs getting the order and the sale.

They know the more vehicles they sell, the more they would have in terms of vehicle allocation in the future. My owner told me that the GM regional rep told him that their dealership had gotten the greatest number of Enclaves in the entire Chicago area (26 dealerships) he's responsible for. That was all based upon their previous sales activity -- they supposedly have moved lots of more expensive vehicles (read that as "LOADED with Options") than others.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the fact that I have an event code (1100) mean that my dealer used their allocation to order the vehicle? My dealer is very small so I'm nervous from the various posts regarding small dealers getting low overall priority in the GM system.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No -- that means they simply entered your order into VOMS.

Your order code has to be 2000 to indicate that the dealer has used their allocation slot for GM to accept your vehicle into the production system. That will be the next status point. See the earlier post on Order Status Event Codes -- when you look at it you'll see this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts