EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE DEALER SAID HE ORDERED MY ENCLAVE ON 1/7/08. HE SAID IT SHOULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 6-8 WEEKS. IS THIS CORRECT? I HAVE BEEN READING A LOT OF POSTS ON THIS WEBSITE AND IT SEEMS LIKE MOST ORDERS TAKE LONGER.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The dealers have been on a restricted allocation. The 6-8 weeks is about right from the time a dealer uses one of their allocations. The long wait times reflect that some dealers have more orders than available allocations and they must hold orders until they have allocations to use. It sounds like you timed it right with your dealer and he had no backlog of orders and could submit yours immediately.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very unlikely from what I have read on here. I was also told 6-8 weeks and my dealer had allocation. I ordered 11/27. Have a build week of 1/28 so I expect delivery during the 2/11 to 2/15 week. That would be 11 or 12 weeks which seems like the norm for November orders. Orders earlier in the summer seem to be longer. It is safe to assume they are catching up a little so maybe your January order will be more in the 10 to 11 week timeframe? So expect mid to late March.

Another factor I just realized is maybe my order will take 11 to 12 weeks due to the downtime in the holidays. So who knows maybe you will get it early March.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Like the message above says.. It depends on whether your dealer has an "allocation" for you. The more Enclaves they sell, the more Enclave allocations they get. They are also limited on certain options. They may not be able to order more than one or two Enclaves per month with a Luxury package for example. If you order a limited package, others who order after you may get their allocation first. This is something to discuss with the sales manager when you order.

My Enclave took 9 weeks with every option but sunroof and AWD. Hopefully you will get one quicker than that! Good luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Production estimates can be checked at:

http://www.donlen.com/production_cars_gm.asp

They currently estimate 8-10 weeks, with the constraint that the "Buick Luxury Package (PCK) may increase lead time by 2 weeks or more as demand is temporarily greater than supply". There have also been constraints on the white diamond tri-coat paint at times, although it is not listed at the moment.

Timing is also impacted by where the vehicle needs to be delivered to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THE DEALER SAID THAT THEY ARE THE BIGGEST DEALER OF ENCLAVES IN THE STATE OF INDIANA. WILL THIS HELP IN GETTING MY ENCLAVE SOONER? ALSO, HOW OFTEN DID YOU GUYS CALL YOUR DEALER FOR UPDATES. HE TOLD ME HE WAS ORDERING MY ENCLAVE ON 1/7/2008, SHOULD I CALL HIM AND SEE IF HE DID? WHEN I LEFT HE SAID HE WOULD PROBABLY NOT TALK TO ME FOR 4 WEEKS. IS THIS NORMAL OR SHOULD I CALL HIM AND ASK IF MY ENCLAVE HAS BEEN ORDERED? THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES. THIS WEBSITE IS A BIG HELP.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Also, please stop shouting.

All caps is much more difficult to read.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I was told 6 to 8 weeks, also. It was 10. That's okay...worth the wait.[/color] :angel:

·
Registered
612 Posts
PLATINUMENCL said:
THE DEALER SAID THAT THEY ARE THE BIGGEST DEALER OF ENCLAVES IN THE STATE OF INDIANA. WILL THIS HELP IN GETTING MY ENCLAVE SOONER? ALSO, HOW OFTEN DID YOU GUYS CALL YOUR DEALER FOR UPDATES. HE TOLD ME HE WAS ORDERING MY ENCLAVE ON 1/7/2008, SHOULD I CALL HIM AND SEE IF HE DID? WHEN I LEFT HE SAID HE WOULD PROBABLY NOT TALK TO ME FOR 4 WEEKS. IS THIS NORMAL OR SHOULD I CALL HIM AND ASK IF MY ENCLAVE HAS BEEN ORDERED? THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR RESPONSES. THIS WEBSITE IS A BIG HELP.
If it was a salesman who told you he was ordering it on 01/07/2008 I would call. My salesman dropped the ball on every request I made. I dealt exclusively with the sales manager after a few mishaps. If you get the sales manager, try to get out of him/her when they will use an allocation for you -- that's when things get exciting..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I emailed my salesman yesterday and he said that my car was ordered on 1/7/2008. I did not however ask about allocation. Should I be asking if they used an allocation for my car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My husband and I placed an Enclave order on 12/12, and as of 1/9 it was still at status 1101, waiting on the Luxury Package constraint to be lifted. After reading a lot of the order posts here we decided to take an Enclave the dealer just received (ordered in late August) that had all the options we wanted plus a few extras. So, on 1/9 we came home with a Cocoa w/cashmere (CXL, AWD, Lux Pkg, Sunroof, Towing, Ent 4) beauty that we both love.

New to the forum, but enjoy reading all the posts from Enclave nuts!

·
Registered
405 Posts
PLATINUMENCL said:
I emailed my salesman yesterday and he said that my car was ordered on 1/7/2008. I did not however ask about allocation. Should I be asking if they used an allocation for my car?
I don't think it matters, what matters is that it was ordered!

·
Registered
118 Posts
ringmaster said:
My husband and I placed an Enclave order on 12/12, and as of 1/9 it was still at status 1101, waiting on the Luxury Package constraint to be lifted. After reading a lot of the order posts here we decided to take an Enclave the dealer just received (ordered in late August) that had all the options we wanted plus a few extras. So, on 1/9 we came home with a Cocoa w/cashmere (CXL, AWD, Lux Pkg, Sunroof, Towing, Ent 4) beauty that we both love.

New to the forum, but enjoy reading all the posts from Enclave nuts!
Good choice ringmaster, and welcome to the forum. :thumb:

I don't expect your wait would have been unbearable, given what many forum members endured last spring and summer. Wait times have gone down substantially. However, you are enjoying the beauty TODAY. Can't forget that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I don't think it matters, what matters is that it was ordered!
Ordered does not mean "Accepted by GM". My "order" went into GM Order Workbench on October 4th. But, as I found out ten weeks later, I was 7th in line for an allocation. As of December 21st, by which time my salesman said I would have taken delivery, my "order" was still sitting at 1100 (had not been accepted by GM). I don't even bother to call anymore I'm so disgusted. If your order event code is still at 1100, the 8 - 12 weeks has not started yet. You are looking for event code 3000.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will this help my order get here faster? Here is exactly what we ordered: Platinum Enclave with the drivers confindence package and the entertainment package #1. We felt that the CXL had plenty of options already and didn't feel it needed anything else.

I want to thank everyone for their reply's. I love this website. :):)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts