EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dancing: WooHoo! Well, we finally ordered today and are so excited. CXL AWD, Red Jewel, Cocoa/Cashmere, Luxury, Drivers Conf, Sunroof, Trailering, Entertainment #4 and Chrome Wheels. Let me tell you about our interesting experience.

I had talked to the first Buick salesman we had met with at the nearest Buick dealership in Hoover about a month ago to confirm that they would honor supplier pricing on a special order. He was a "nice" older man, and I felt comfortable with his honesty, although I was a little concerned by his "lack of knowledge" of the vehicle and possibly of the ordering system. He had indicated they would honor GMS pricing on an order and required a (non-refundable) $1000 deposit, which I wasn't thrilled about. We got away MUCH later than we wanted to today and took all 4 kids and headed straight to this dealership (a Buick ONLY dealership for GM co-housed with a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership). I was wanting to get a straight answer as to their allotments and hopefully place our order. Well, we drove up at 5 PM and there were 3 salesman outside delivering vehicles to new customers. We walked up to the door and it was locked! I turned around to the nearest salesman and said "closed, at 5 PM on a Saturday?!?!" He responded that 8 hours is more than enough time to work and blew me off. I made the comment to him and the other salesmen around that we had intended to possibly special order an Enclave today, but guess we wouldn't be able to now. NO ONE made any effort to get our contact information, ask any questions, or express ANY interest whatsoever to gain our business or follow up with us next week. I couldn't help but remember the comments on here of how clueless Buick dealerships are going to RUIN this home-run for GM. We were completely ignored, so.....off we went.

I then called the next closest Buick dealership (a multi-car dealership in downtown Birmingham with Buick/Pontiac/GMC/Chevrolet, as well as Nissan, Saab and Jaguar) and they were open to 6PM. We drove in at 5:20 PM and were greeted by the receptionist who said they were "short handed" on the Buick side, but called for a salesman. We were greeted promptly by a salesman from the Nissan side of the dealership and immediately our experience changed. He explained to us that his boss, the general manager of the Nissan side, had just taken over as manager of the Buick/Pontiac/GMC side of the business. I immediately began inquiring about their "available allotments" and what I new about the VOMS system and codes and he didn't seemed at all intimidated by my knowledge. He checked with the manager and indicated that they would predict a 90 day turnaround from order to delivery (12 weeks) and that they would be able to get my order into GM (at code 2000) on the 1st ordering day of September (4th). Their deposit was only $500 and fully refundable with no questions, so I was beginning to feel much better. I explained to him that I would expect a printout of the GM VOMS the 1st week of September showing our order at code 2000, and he indicated that would be no problem. We gave him our GMS pricing printout and he made a copy of it and our GMS authorization code. They are to enter our order in their system on Monday and send us a printout of our order to sign and confirm in writing the GMS pricing. I will take them our deposit check then. Before we walked out, the salesman came back to me and said that his boss had indicated to him that they received word from their GM rep last week that they should be getting some additional allocation slots and so it was very possible they could get my order to code 2000 earlier than the first of September. This corresponded exactly to what I had heard on this board, and since I hadn't even mentioned it to them, I was glad to hear "confirmation" from them of what I had heard here. I feel confident that due to their status as a large volume GM dealer in downtown Birmingham, that we will have the best chance of getting into the GM VOMS as soon as possible with this dealer. I also feel that with their experience from the Nissan side, they probably will be MUCH better "communicators" than the "old guard" at that smaller Buick only dealership. I always believe that things happen for a reason, and I feel very happy with our decision to order from this dealership (Jim Burke Automotive in Birmingham). I will keep everyone informed of our progress!

·
Registered
317 Posts
ccaats,

Sounds like you made a wise choice (dealers, that is!). I think the dealers are getting additional allocations, but as of last week, the "hang-up" on many orders still is the Luxury package.

And in spite of many complaints about us "whiners" (and I'm certainly in this category) who have bitterly complained about:
- dealer treatment
- dealer honesty
- Buick's lack of responsiveness to the customers
- our collective call for Buick and GM to "wake up" to the fact that, even though the Enclave is HOT -- customers don't hang around forever if they're treated badly and ignored.

Your dealer sounds like a winner and I wish you the best of luck with the whole process.
I, for one, would not have done any sort of extensive search and learning into the ordering process had things run smoothly. I haven't decided whether that's good or bad -- Buick and GM should recognize that this process doesn't work very well and that it keeps the most important people -- the folks buying their vehicles -- in the dark.

As I posted earlier in the day about our trip to Michigan -- I still have a bad case of "CLAVE-ENVY" and hope everyone gets their vehicle soon. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't seen too many around here ;).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks designconcepts, I SINCERELY appreciate all the help from you and others on this site in helping me make an "educated" decision before deciding on a dealership. It is unfortunate that many who ordered months ago have had to go elsewhere to find out what the heck is going on with their order. I am hopeful that my dealer will be very communicative and keep me informed. Still, I feel much more "empowered" by spending several weeks on this site before "signing the dotted line". Hopefully a more educated customer base will be the engine for change on the dealer level and make things better for all.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You're welcome -- and thank you and everyone else, ADMIN in particular for creating this board for us. There is NOTHING on the net that compares to this forum, the Acadia forum and the Outlook forum. I'm going to raise a few :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to our great ADMIN for giving us all this ability to share our knowledge, our stories and feelings.

Although we HAVE ordered GM cars in the past, that was well before Al Gore invented the internet ;) ;D ;D ;D -- and our last several GM cars were simply plucked off either our dealer's lot or via a dealer trade. Honestly, I thought my days of ordering a vehicle were long gone! I knew a little about the codes but not really enough to be informed.

This is a terrific way of finding out what's really going on out there in the trenches. I am hoping that all of us that did order and are anxiously awaiting our Enclave's arrival (or for many, for the stupid status to change to 2000 or above!) don't really have to wait beyond November to be driving our new ride.

Keep us posted on your progress -- and also on your dealer's followup.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ditto to Admin :cheers: for the hard work putting these forums together. It is also VERY encouraging to know that GM execs ARE monitoring these sites closely and "hopefully" taking our criticism to heart. I think GM should require EVERY Buick Dealer to monitor this forum on a DAILY basis, then submit a report to their "rep" of how they are IMPROVING the customer communication process.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ccaats said:
Ditto to Admin :cheers: for the hard work putting these forums together. It is also VERY encouraging to know that GM execs ARE monitoring these sites closely and "hopefully" taking our criticism to heart. I think GM should require EVERY Buick Dealer to monitor this forum on a DAILY basis, then submit a report to their "rep" of how they are IMPROVING the customer communication process.
don't hold your breath :fart:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations Ccaats! It's going to be a beauty. :cheers: Here's to you and a record setting short delivery.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hear hear! A big :thumb: to ADMIN for running the Enclave and Acadia forums so well (a mystery where the Saturn Outlook owners are, the representation is abysmal). This site has been a treasure trove of info for the vehicle itself, the GM ordering process and experiences across the country with the dealership network. I know it has both inspired me to purchase the Enclave, and to share my own info and insights. Everyone else's joys and disappointments can help us all know what to look for when we all receive our cars, so congrats to ADMIN for a job well done, and kudos to all the intrepid posters who have shared with the rest of us. :blob:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer just faxed me the order summary from GM Dealer World Workbench website and it looks good so far:

Event Code 1100
Order Type: SRE-Retail Sold
DAN: Priority 1 (Is that Dealer Allocation Number)?

It is ordered as a PEG: 1XL

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys! It's very much appreciated. I'm still pretty new at this admin stuff and try to do my best to keep them running smoothly. As for saturnoutlook.net, it's not surprising. The Acadia and Enclave didn't have forums covering them well when I started these, but saturnfans.com is well established and doing a pretty good job of providing a forum for Outlook owners. So I never really expected it would take off (at least early on). Still, I would have felt like I was cheating those owners if I only created Lambda sites for 2 of the 3 makes ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
admin said:
Thanks guys! It's very much appreciated. I'm still pretty new at this admin stuff and try to do my best to keep them running smoothly. As for saturnoutlook.net, it's not surprising. The Acadia and Enclave didn't have forums covering them well when I started these, but saturnfans.com is well established and doing a pretty good job of providing a forum for Outlook owners. So I never really expected it would take off (at least early on). Still, I would have felt like I was cheating those owners if I only created Lambda sites for 2 of the 3 makes ;)
Also, when we first requested admin to create saturnoutlook.net, saturnfans.com was having major uptime issues. Seemed
like it was down more often than it was up. That is no longer the case, as I think saturnfans.com underwent a upgrade and
hasn't had any real downtime issues in months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts