EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Enclave fans.
After researching this beautiful car since the LA Auto Show last December, I finally jumped yesterday and ordered a Ming Blue CXL fwd with Luxury pkg., Entertainment pkg. 4, sunroof and trailer towing pkg (while my husband is out of town! >:D)

There has been much discussion on pricing so I wanted to let any Costco members know that you can get a no-haggle price of $700 over invoice through the Auto Buying program. This is the 2nd time I've used my Costco membership to purchase a car and have been pleased both times.

Now the long wait begins...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and congrats for your decision to purchase a beautiful enclave... enjoy that ride.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Great color choice. I haven't seen one in person yet but the pictures are beautiful. Also, when I check Buick's website for Enclaves available at the dealer, I never see a Ming Blue on the list. You'll be an original.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
the ming blue is a beautiful color in person.... it almost looks black depending upon how the sun is beaming on it. from a distance i couldnt tell it was blue i had to get up close.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a Ming Blue in my gallery. It belonged to a GM Exec. Beautiful color.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
axiama said:
Great color choice. I haven't seen one in person yet but the pictures are beautiful. Also, when I check Buick's website for Enclaves available at the dealer, I never see a Ming Blue on the list. You'll be an original.
Having a less common color was defintely one of my considerations. I had a very hard time choosing between that, the White Diamond, the Blue Gold and I still love the cocoa, nostalgia perhaps since it was love at first site at the auto show last year. Ming Blue was the winner with the rest of the family and I too noticed it's more rare on this forum and I hadn't seen many in inventory across the country--and I looked everywhere I had a reason to visit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MsS42 said:
the ming blue is a beautiful color in person.... it almost looks black depending upon how the sun is beaming on it. from a distance i couldnt tell it was blue i had to get up close.
Phew, it's a relief to hear first hand testimony to it's beauty since I haven't actually seen it in person! I must be obsessed with this car because I've never bought a car because of what I hoped it would look like, and it looks so different depending on the source. On the color wheel at the dealer it appeared almost black inside the showroom, then very vibrant blue when I took the sample outside. On the buick website it looks almost boringly navy. The pictures that I hope Ming Blue looks most like are GreginMD's right here on the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
My father's Lucerne is Ming Blue, and yes, it is a beautiful color.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
KatieMae said:
Phew, it's a relief to hear first hand testimony to it's beauty since I haven't actually seen it in person! I must be obsessed with this car because I've never bought a car because of what I hoped it would look like, and it looks so different depending on the source. On the color wheel at the dealer it appeared almost black inside the showroom, then very vibrant blue when I took the sample outside. On the buick website it looks almost boringly navy. The pictures that I hope Ming Blue looks most like are GreginMD's right here on the forum.
greg's gallery has the best pic's of the ming blue... you will be happy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
KatieMae said:
Hello Enclave fans.
After researching this beautiful car since the LA Auto Show last December, I finally jumped yesterday and ordered a Ming Blue CXL fwd with Luxury pkg., Entertainment pkg. 4, sunroof and trailer towing pkg (while my husband is out of town! >:D)

There has been much discussion on pricing so I wanted to let any Costco members know that you can get a no-haggle price of $700 over invoice through the Auto Buying program. This is the 2nd time I've used my Costco membership to purchase a car and have been pleased both times.

Now the long wait begins...
When you say $700.00 over invoice price do you mean "Edmunds" invoice price or Actual invoice price including dealer advertising (~2%)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
monstersinc1 said:
When you say $700.00 over invoice price do you mean "Edmunds" invoice price or Actual invoice price including dealer advertising (~2%)?
It will be $700 over actual invoice including the added 2%. At the time of delivery I may be able to get a new $1K conquest rebate, so the final price should be just abouot $39K with the rebate, just about $40K without. The invoice price I got without the 2% dealer adversing is 38,548.53.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to purchase an Enclave through the Costco Auto Buying Program and not having the best experience so far. I would be interested in knowing the location of the outfit they assigned you to. The person I am dealing with does not seem very well versed on the program and has gone so far as to tell me that the Enclave is not 'on the list' of cars to buy at invoice (plus some amount). Costco is assuring me that it most certainly is. Also...since this car is not very available and usually has to be ordered from GM when did they tell you to expect it? Any other general observations on your experience would be appreciated. Thanks! :help:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Can you still get Conquest and other incentives with Costco Pricing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sscully said:
I am trying to purchase an Enclave through the Costco Auto Buying Program and not having the best experience so far. I would be interested in knowing the location of the outfit they assigned you to. The person I am dealing with does not seem very well versed on the program and has gone so far as to tell me that the Enclave is not 'on the list' of cars to buy at invoice (plus some amount). Costco is assuring me that it most certainly is. Also...since this car is not very available and usually has to be ordered from GM when did they tell you to expect it? Any other general observations on your experience would be appreciated. Thanks! :help:
Sorry to hear your experience isn't as smooth as mine was. I ordered through Rydell Automotive Group in Van Nuys, CA. That's the dealership the Costco Auto website referred me to though I have a GM dealership closer to me. I completed the online form with Costco, was called within a day or two by one of Rydell's internet sales people and went in a couple of days later to order it. I was quoted the $700 over invoice over the phone. The salesperson was very familiar with this kind of transaction, and since I knew exactly what I wanted, we sat down at the computer and had the whole thing done in an hour or so, including the test drive! I made a $500 deposit.
So, Costco is right-the Enclave most certainly is available (or I've just been had :angryfire:).
I was told to expect delivery in 8-12 weeks, but the salesperson told me if the exact car I'd ordered came in before "mine" did, it would be mine. I'm not expecting that to happen though as Ming Blue doesn't seem to be a color sitting around GM lots.
Good luck!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
coopermine said:
Can you still get Conquest and other incentives with Costco Pricing?
As it was explained to me, yes. I specfically asked about the Conquest rebate, which expired the day I ordered and the salesperson said if was offered at the time I receied the vehicle, I could apply to the purchase price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts