EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a price negotiated and will make my order tomorrow. Any advice anyone has to give would be welcomed. Do I talk about dealer installed options (like running boards) now or after delivery?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey, we are ordering this week too (FINALLY) so i will share this thread with you!

·
Registered
118 Posts
gbshuler said:
I have a price negotiated and will make my order tomorrow. Any advice anyone has to give would be welcomed. Do I talk about dealer installed options (like running boards) now or after delivery?
No advice other that DO IT! You will absolutely love the result.

Tell me, a couple of months ago when I shopped Enclaves in the St Louis area, all of the dealers I visited were really playing hard ball with price (MSRP +++). Have they softened their position any over the past couple of months? I wasn't talking an ordered vehicle though either at the time.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mapper said:
No advice other that DO IT! You will absolutely love the result.

Tell me, a couple of months ago when I shopped Enclaves in the St Louis area, all of the dealers I visited were really playing hard ball with price (MSRP +++). Have they softened their position any over the past couple of months? I wasn't talking an ordered vehicle though either at the time.
Just got off the phone with the sales manager. He mentioned that since the Outlooks aren't selling GM Delta Lansing has been pulling them from their production schedule (leaving more time to build Enclaves). He also mentioned they finally got caught up on the luxury packages and have removed the restriction on that package (he heard it was a shortage of articulating headlamps that were causing the problem). He is quoting 4 - 6 weeks from allocation order time to delivery.

I imagine they still are playing hardball. It was only last week the Enclave became the official hotest car (by having the least number of days sitting on the lot unsold of any vehicle). I drove to 3 Buick dealers here in St. Louis yesterday and saw only 3 for sale.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome and Good luck! Your choice sounds beautiful. My only advice is - - - - patience. patience. patience. (which I don't have much of!) :D Maybe now the orders can start moving quicker and you won't be caught up in a bottleneck like a lot of us have been. It's worth the wait, though. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
gbshuler said:
Gmoney_2010 said:
Hey, we are ordering this week too (FINALLY) so i will share this thread with you!
Okay guys!!! My advice, like Mapper's is JUST DO IT!!! Hopefully the wait time will actually be a little less than mine (10 weeks). Just be patient and think how wonderful it will be to HAVE it in the garage. Don't let it stress you out...just enjoy the sweet anticipation...or, "car foreplay"...there'll never be another time like this. Thoughts of getting it will put you to sleep at night, as you imagine where you will go in the first 1000 miles/and what people will say when they see it.[/color]

:blob: I l♥ve my Sapphire!! :blob:[/color]

:beer: Go Rockies!! :beer:[/color]

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rosita2001 said:
Okay guys!!! My advice, like Mapper's is JUST DO IT!!! Hopefully the wait time will actually be a little less than mine (10 weeks). Just be patient and think how wonderful it will be to HAVE it in the garage. Don't let it stress you out...just enjoy the sweet anticipation...or, "car foreplay"...there'll never be another time like this. Thoughts of getting it will put you to sleep at night, as you imagine where you will go in the first 1000 miles/and what people will say when they see it.[/color]
I'm right there with you on the car foreplay. I stood there for 10 minutes walking around and staring at (but not touching) a Red Jewel Enclave with a "Sold" sign on the dashboard at my local dealer yesterday. I have even run into other people with pending orders walking the lots on Sunday just to get their Enclave fix..

I will drive one tomorrow for the first time during the order process. I drove an Outlook on Saturday. I noticed a lot of vibration from the engine coming through the steering wheel and shift knob. I look forward to seeing how well Buick has dampened that.

·
Registered
509 Posts
gbshuler said:
I'm right there with you on the car foreplay. I stood there for 10 minutes walking around and staring at (but not touching) a Red Jewel Enclave with a "Sold" sign on the dashboard at my local dealer yesterday. I have even run into other people with pending orders walking the lots on Sunday just to get their Enclave fix..

I will drive one tomorrow for the first time during the order process. I drove an Outlook on Saturday. I noticed a lot of vibration from the engine coming through the steering wheel and shift know. I look forward to seeing how well Buick has dampened that.
Coming from someone who did a similar comparo recently, including taking my mother along who isn't "into" cars and very objective...she drove the Outlook and liked it okay, but then just touched the Enclave, and even just cruising out of the dealer lot said "Wow. So much better."

And from me, I just couldn't believe how much quieter and smoother...and just insanely well damped and silent everything felt and sounded, in addition to better seats (IMHO, with cloth, and what seemed like better padding), richer interior, etc.

My goal initially was that an Outlook or Acadia would actually be the best fit for her, but after the Enclave (which I debated even showing her) she won't even CONSIDER the Saturn or GMC. Just a big difference, and moreso than a lot of people expect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Coming from someone who did a similar comparo recently, including taking my mother along who isn't "into" cars and very objective...she drove the Outlook and liked it okay, but then just touched the Enclave, and even just cruising out of the dealer lot said "Wow. So much better."

And from me, I just couldn't believe how much quieter and smoother...and just insanely well damped and silent everything felt and sounded, in addition to better seats (IMHO, with cloth, and what seemed like better padding), richer interior, etc.

My goal initially was that an Outlook or Acadia would actually be the best fit for her, but after the Enclave (which I debated even showing her) she won't even CONSIDER the Saturn or GMC. Just a big difference, and moreso than a lot of people expect.
I was also, ready to Buy the Acadia, till I drove the Enclave, There was no comparison, The Enclave is much more refined in everyway!
Instead of ordering one though, I bought the only one they had on the lot and we love it. :beer:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone!

I just got back from the Buick dealership. The salesmen fell out of their chairs when I told them the Lambda plant in Lansing is shutting down the new third shift at Thanksgiving.

I drove the Enclave for the first time. Comparing it to the Outlook (drove three days ago). The Bose stereo absolutely blows away the Saturn stereo! The shift knob vibrates on the Outlook, not on the Enclave. It was a dream to drive. The Outlook did not have his/her keyfobs (no "#1" key fob and "#2" fob to match the powered seat buttons). Quieter than the Outlook, but a Mercedes is quieter still.. I had a problem hearing a police siren during my drive!

Ordered on the spot a Red Jewel FWD CLX Enclave with all the options but the sunroof. Salesman thinks he will use an allocation in early November and have delivery in December. Woohoo! I have spent 4.5 months lurking on this board. Two more and I am a full member..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
congrats!! hope we order this week too. we need it to be here by christmas cause it is going to be a present for my mom!!! but mostly me!ha

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
app7548 said:
I was also, ready to Buy the Acadia, till I drove the Enclave, There was no comparison, The Enclave is much more refined in everyway!
Instead of ordering one though, I bought the only one they had on the lot and we love it. :beer:

So app7548. you can't leave us hanging like that...exactly, what was it they had on the lot?? We want details!!!!![/color]
:cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well...I am not ordering mine tomorrow - but hopefully picking it up. With the SD Firestorm - it's been delayed as there is no travel on the roads and no employees to ready the Enclave. It's there though...I glimpsed it's rear end hiding in the garage. Hopefully the fires will stop and let us all get on with our lives.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good to read that the Enclave is almost in your hands. :cheers:

Enjoy it and good luck with the fires. Don't want that new Enclave to suffer the same fate as some other vehicles I've seen in photographs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:blob: Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :blob:

I just got the call...the mechanics are working on the checklist and beautifying it as I type...ready in a few hours...

Blue Sky here - but still soot everywhere...smoke from fires around the county...so sad.
No school all week here - no soccer either- many have lost homes or come close...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
7/24soccer said:
:blob: Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :blob:

I just got the call...the mechanics are working on the checklist and beautifying it as I type...ready in a few hours...
SOOOOOOOOO, how is it, 7/24soccer?!?!??!!? ♥You are probably out in the garage, trying to put your baby to bed, but unable to take your eyes off of ♥her...am I right?! ☺[/color]

·
Registered
25 Posts
:blob: Yup yup yup :blob:

I am doing exactly that!! Love- love -love it!!

Now I need those cool "badges" and emblem that Smokin' SRX has on his!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Getting ready to order myself. Anybody see the Blue/Gold mist with Ebony interior? Don't want to make a mistake! And what is the ordering process? I assume money is put down? All of it? Portion of it? Lastly, how do you know what dealer to order through? Does this affect pricing? Or turn around time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ther is one is the gallery, look at kenclave gallery

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rosita2001 said:

So app7548. you can't leave us hanging like that...exactly, what was it they had on the lot?? We want details!!!!![/color]
Buick Enclave FWD, CXL, Black Carbon Metallic, Titanium, Drivers Conf. pkg, Ent #3, Sunroof, cargo net/shade. Sticker was $40,020
but with dealer discount, owners loyalty certificate, plus my GM CARD points and a rebate from my Vehicle Advantage VISA we got it for right around $33k ... At first I did not want the Black Carbon, but the way it glitters in the sun is awsome... very happy with it so far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts