EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2019 Enclave and we are curious how many miles can you drive before feeling uncomfortable. We think our 2011 gave us more miles than this 2019. We are 76 years old, but at 100 miles seem to start feeling it.

·
Administrator
447 Posts
Sometimes, if I sit too far to the left side of the seat I feel the hard vibrating alert device in the bolster under my thigh. I slide over slightly and everything is fine. If I was a larger person I could see those vibrators being a problem. Other than that, I drive 240 miles to visit family several times a year but have not had any fatigue. I have not noticed an angle to the passenger seat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Unfortunately the 2018+ seats are very poor IMO and easily the most uncomfortable of any vehicle I've ever owned. They're flat, hard, have minimal cushioning, and literally have a slab of metal right below the surface along the sides for the vibration (which I turned off and never use). I have to use a cushion on longer trips.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting. We were coming from a 2015 Honda Pilot, and we felt the seats in the Buick were pretty comfortable. My wife and I drove to Florida (from Rhode Island) and we did some pretty long stints without stopping, and I never felt unusually uncomfortable after getting out. We've got a 2020 with the ST trim.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My 2009 Enclave is very comfortable - no problems on long drives. GM should have just used the same seats (don't fix what's not broken). Some MBA cost accountant at GM probably found a way to save $20 using cheaper seats. I know they made the sheet metal cheaper. My 2009 feels much more solid than the new ones, whose sheet metal is a lot thinner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm 🤔
Less padding....on YOUR legs ??🤣.....with all do respect.

Funny story. I installed phone system /paging systems for 40 years !!
1 service call: bad paging-Tested ok. set volumes sounded good. Still complain, Came back adjusted treble and bass sounded great (still).
Got called again she said "Jim in shipping: No one can hear him"
I go to see Jim in shipping !!
the guy has a hair lip AND a speech impediment.
Problem solved
user error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2019 Enclave and we are curious how many miles can you drive before feeling uncomfortable. We think our 2011 gave us more miles than this 2019. We are 76 years old, but at 100 miles seem to start feeling it.
I drive 12 miles to work in pain, I have had carpet padding added also sit on a gel cushion and still it is painful. Drives pain all the way down my legs to the foot. I can ride in the passenger seat with no problem.

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Premium AWD Dark Slate Metallic
208 Posts
I do agree that the 18+ seats are not as comfortable as my 15. They are not as wide. Over time they seem to flatten out. For the OP. Lower the front of the seat, with it up to high it is putting pressure on the middle back of your thigh and can be creating your problem. I have had that problem with other seat that i have dealt with. There are plenty of setting to make that seat bearable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do agree that the 18+ seats are not as comfortable as my 15. They are not as wide. Over time they seem to flatten out. For the OP. Lower the front of the seat, with it up to high it is putting pressure on the middle back of your thigh and can be creating your problem. I have had that problem with other seat that i have dealt with. There are plenty of setting to make that seat bearable.
I have done several adjustments to my seat, the seat bottom is down all the way and it still hurts, I can feel the sensor with my hand, I just tried another seat cushion that has 2.5 inches of memory foam at the back and sides, tappers thinner in front, helps a bit but not much. Sad to say I’ll be going to be upside down to get another Vehicle but I can not bare the pain any longer. I took it to the dealership to see if they could just order me a seat bottom without the sensor, they said no, there is a lot more to that sensor that the car needs. GM needs to be informed about this discomfort. I also considered having an auto Upholstery shop add more to it, it would interfer with the heat and cool seats. But so does a cushion just laid on top. Wish there was a solution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts