EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to using the outlet?
I wanted to use my dustbuster and clean my rugs.
It won't work. Am I doing something wrong or is it too much power?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
axiama said:
Is the car on?
Yes, the car was on and no power to the dust buster.

·
Registered
360 Posts
4kids said:
Yes, the car was on and no power to the dust buster.
Check the dustbuster in the house to make sure it works.....I know you probably already did that.

Check the fuse for the 110 v outlet. Need to reference owners manual, there are several fuse locations.

After that, it may be time for a trip to the dealer. :confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I believe the outlet can only handle 150W. Anything more will trip the fuse. I'm sure the dustbuster is less than 150W but something else before might have blown the fuse already.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
4kids said:
Is there a trick to using the outlet?
I wanted to use my dustbuster and clean my rugs.
It won't work. Am I doing something wrong or is it too much power?
Not sure what you are using, (my Dustbuster is charged, then used cordlessly!) but a 110 volt Dustbuster might draw 3-5 amps of electric. The formula is Volts X Amps = Watts. Our 110 volt outlet in Enclave is rated at 140 watts, or very close to that. So: 3 Amp Dustbuster X 110 volts = 330 watts! You blew the fuse! by a factor of approxamately 200%. The outlet is definitely a weak one, mainly a convenience charging outlet, I suspect.

Most motor driven tools/appliances won't work. Computer chargers, small TV's, phone chargers etc (mostly electronic devices) will work (up to 140-150 watts) Check the label on the gadget before you plug it in! :thumb:

G

·
only thing that wont work, sadly is the xbox 360 and the PS3, and those are my favorite systems to play while im sitting in traffic. LOL i dont do that i sit and play them while i wait and wait and wait for my GF to get her hair and nales and feet all purdyed up. :eek:hno: :help:, so i use a 750, inverter. :angel:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
only thing that wont work, sadly is the xbox 360 and the PS3, and those are my favorite systems to play while im sitting in traffic. LOL i dont do that i sit and play them while i wait and wait and wait for my GF to get her hair and nales and feet all purdyed up. :eek:hno: :help:, so i use a 750, inverter. :angel:

Yep! The power supply on my XBox says "5 amps input @110 volts". That's 5 X 110 = 550 watts. Way over the 150 watts that the power plug in our Enclave can handle. I really think they meant this as a convenience to charge /run small electronic devices/cameras, etc and their chargers, w/o having to buy a 12volt car adapter for everything! . Read the specs and stay below 1.3 amps, or 150 watts, and you'll be OK! The Xbox/Ps3 are mini computers in actuality. They, like most motorized drills, saws, vacuums, waxers, use much more power.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First, I think someone mentioned about the dustbuster being charged..no, not this one..it has a plug.

Second, if I by chance did blow it...what do I do to remedy this situation?

Third, at the dealership, the salesman was raving that the kids could play Playstation in the back seat. We only have PS2. That was the plus to getting this package. Especially for long drives. This is disappointing if that's the case. :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Game Cube works!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm gonna leave the explanations to the electrical engineers on this site because I don't have any explanations to offer. But I tried three game consoles tonight and all of them worked. I tried a regular Xbox and played Halo, then I tried the Wii and played Spongebob :D, then plugged in the Xbox 360 and played Sega Rally Revo. The ignition was on and on Park. Video showed on both screens and surround sound :thumb:. No problems whatsoever except it's pretty funny using the Wii inside the vehicle.

The Xbox Power adapter:
120V 2.5A 60Hz, 330W

The Wii's power supply:
Input: 120V, 52W, 60Hz
Output: DC 12V 3.7A

The Xbox 360 power supply:
Input: 100-127V~5A 47-63Hz
Output: 12V 203W 16.5A, 5Vsb-1A

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
FlavaClav, I'm stumped how you did it. You're over the rated power output! The screens/speakers are powered from car's other power sources. It's the 110 volt outlet that's rated at 150 watts only. The Xbox 360 uses more then double that. Will check into this. :confused:Very curious.......

G

·
never did i think anybody on here would play spongbob, lol, have you tried halo 3 yet, i beat it on normal and just gave up on ledgendary and play live now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm confused also. I was willing to blow the fuse to know the limits but it didn't blow. As you can see I wrote the ratings right off the console's power supply. Maybe the rating in the manual is the recommended rating only and not the max. Thoughts?

G

·
ok here are some xbox 360 ac adaptor pics, must be awsome to play in surround sound IN A CAR, surround sound in a big room is nice but in a quiet enclave, man must be sweet.

ok here are some pics

G

·
G CUBE, tried regular xbox but the info is so small all my pics came out fuzzy, plus it didnt tell me the watts anyway :eek:hno:

·
Registered
222 Posts
To fully know what Watts the outlet supports you would need to know the Amps.

Volts x Amps = Watts

So if the Outlet is 110 volts if we can find out the Amps you will know the Watts it will support.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
muljo said:
To fully know what Watts the outlet supports you would need to know the Amps.

Volts x Amps = Watts

So if the Outlet is 110 volts if we can find out the Amps you will know the Watts it will support.
This I said. Yes, most items are labeled w/ wattage load. Do the math! But I didn't say, it will RESET automatically if you unplug the overload item, await 30 seconds, replug! Or cycle key ON-OFF. Give it the 30 seconds to cool off. It's a thermal fuse!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts