EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bubbling Paint

Not real happy right now. Noticed a potential paint problem six months ago on my hood near the headlight cut out corner. Washed and waxed my Enclave this past week and noticed the paint bubbling has increased. I have a clear bra on my vehicle that wraps around to the underside of the hood. If the bra wasn't on, I think the bubbling paint would be peeling by now. No sign of rust anywhere. Took it to the dealer the other night for a look and he mentioned that he had another Enclave in for a similar problem. Something about the primer and paint not bonding properly. Anyone else have this show up?

He said it would be taken care of under warranty but the daytime service would have to approve it. I have an appointment to see him this coming Wednesday. He said the whole hood would have to be repainted. Now I worry about color match. Also, he said the paint would have to cure for 30 days before another clear bra could be applied. I said I could get a chip in the hood during the 30 days that would cause a bubble under the bra. Solutions? I would like them to paint a whole new hood and let it cure for 30+ days and then apply the bra and install the hood. That way I don't have to give up my E for 5 days for painting and the bra issue would be adddressed. Plus I could approve the color match ahead of time in case its not perfect. What do you think is the chance of this scenario playing out? Picture below.

CT

Enclavemom here!

I have a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL (GREY/GREEN COLOR).

I just noticed yesterday (Aug. 16/18) that my paint was bubbling near the passenger side vent on the hood.

I have ONLY 98,000 KM's on it. Well taken care of.....it's like the day I bought it really. Besides having to replace the timing chain at 78,000km's (last OCT /17) and $3500 later.

Did they do anything for you? I am going to take mine to the dealer today as per GM to look at it.

I know my warranty is up but I see a posts on here about bubbling paint....seems to me there is an issue for it to be bubbling in the same spots!!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I had the hood corners bubbling issue. Until I wrecked it. The dealer body/paint shop fixed them even though it wasn't part of the repair that needed to be done. As far as a TSB to fix it, there isn't one, even though it is a known issue. Bad on GM or Buick part not to repair it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paint Bubbling By Vent On Hood

I noticed the paint bubbling by the vent on the passenger side of hood. I showed it to the service advisor and also talked to the service manager. The service manger said to me, "They've had problems with that." Pictures were taken and sent to GM. They came back with, I would have to pay for more than 1/2 of the repair. It is a 2011 with 49,000 miles, however, "They" know about the problem as stated by the service manager. I don't feel I should have to pay for any of the repair since "They" know about it. Does anyone know of any service bulletins or recalls regarding this issue?
I am not happy with this since the vehicle is stored winters and has Never been driven in snow or salt.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wland45

Lucky they are paying 1/2, took mine in, just out of the 6 year warranty, I was $hit out of luck. Funny they all do it in the same place yet no ownership on their quality system. It's definately a cleanliness issue in their process prior to painting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wland45

Lucky they are paying 1/2, took mine in, just out of the 6 year warranty, I was $hit out of luck. Funny they all do it in the same place yet no ownership on their quality system. It's definately a cleanliness issue in their process prior to painting.

I remember your story kel, and it was quite unfortunate. I also had bubbling on the underside of the hood, by the seams and in the corners... I showed this to my service adviser on a random visit, and they instantly said they would repair it under warranty. This was a few years ago, but they booked me in - which was a few weeks out, and I brought it in. Got it back, noticed my hood prop no longer supported the hood (wasn't like that when I bought it in) so I immediately showed the rep, who noted it, but asked me to come back in as they didn't have parts on hand. Got it home, and noticed a really bad swirl mark UNDER the clear-coat. It was obvious that they sanded an area, and THEN clearcoated - locking in the imperfection. When I brought it back for the prop, I showed the service manager, who called over his body shop guy, and agreed that it was not done correctly, and booked me another appointment to have it re-done.

221 - 225 of 225 Posts
About this Discussion
224 Replies
43 Participants
Uncle Buick
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing