EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's red jewel Enclave has been dropped off at our dealership and I just saw it today (Sat) and there is a quarter inch by one inch paint chip off the driver's door. No dent. The white is showing. Is that the primer? I'll be calling Monday morning to tell them to get their best paint guy started on it. They also have to do all the prep and install the headrest dvd players. Are scratches normal on shipped new cars and will the paint fix look good? They do have a good reputation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It should be a piece of cake new factory paint shouldn't be hard to match they may have to paint the whole door but that's not your problem they will probably try to spot it in (and with the new base clear coat that's easy) but you will be the ultimate judge, and if your not happy with the fix tell them to do it over......Mine came last week with a rock chip in the left rear quarter panel ..... I could fix it myself but shoot I just dumped 42 g's in this vehicle and they can do that.
Don't worry ...it will get done to your liking.
Rob

·
Registered
344 Posts
OMG!!! :beatdown: I would absolutely FREAK if that happened to my new car. What caused it? Is it a paint flaw at the manufacturer? I would demand it look flawless before accepting it. I have a '99 Toyota Solara that I bought new in 1998, and it doesn't have one door ding in it. I have babied it (and still do). It does have some little paint chips on the hood from road debris, but it's looking good for how old it is. I have read a thread in here about color matching side moldings for the Enclave, they look pretty decent. The Enclave looks very vulnerable to door dings, which will make me very nervous!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did give a poor description. It looks like a scratch from another door, wall, or equipment. No dent, just loss of paint about the size of this :beer: . On our H3 we had a big scratch on the rear door where I backed into a mailbox in the middle of a snowstorm and the paint guy made it look new. We did that fix at the same time he had to repaint around the left back window after some crook used a crow bar to try to pry open the window. He made around 30 pry marks in the paint before the window broke and then stole my kid's luggage. But the paint fixes on both spots are perfection. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
waitingsince 8-10 said:
OMG!!! :beatdown: I would absolutely FREAK if that happened to my new car. What caused it? Is it a paint flaw at the manufacturer? I would demand it look flawless before accepting it. I have a '99 Toyota Solara that I bought new in 1998, and it doesn't have one door ding in it. I have babied it (and still do). It does have some little paint chips on the hood from road debris, but it's looking good for how old it is. I have read a thread in here about color matching side moldings for the Enclave, they look pretty decent. The Enclave looks very vulnerable to door dings, which will make me very nervous!
Unfortunately, "life" happens! May it be the biggest ding or chip you ever get! :thumb: Now, don't worry, it'll look better than new! Yes, I wrote on, and have just ordered the door side moldings from Sportwing.com. They color match them and they almost disappear when on. (pix on their site !) Another poster on this forum also got them and tipped me off. (can't remember who) Didn't want to do it, but my wife parks in active areas and I know I'll die if she comes home with a 1/4 " deep door dent, from some heartless Import owner!! (just kidding! ;)
I will post several pix when i get them on. Maybe total 10 days with shipping, so right after Halloween! Yikes!! :confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
We received our first rock chip. :'( Very small about two inches above the grill. I ordered touch up paint two wks ago. (Carbon Black Metallic) Nothing heard from the dealership so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts