EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed painted side body moldings? I am reluctant to add anything to the vehicle's exterior but I cringe every time I go to a mall and have taken to parking at the end of parking lots.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
yes several people have smokinsrx for one. The easiest was to find the thread is to use the search box, I would go under body side moldings and see what you find. They have great pics and have info on where to order etc. You could go to smokinSRX's gallery to as he has pictures there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have them installed....see pics in my gallery. The moldings might offer some protection but I still park further away from others including carts! New cars often seem like magnets for those carts. :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, I've searched all I can stand to. Can someone post the link to the colored side moldings? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
TheKings said:
Well, I've searched all I can stand to. Can someone post the link to the colored side moldings? Thanks in advance.
Just as a FYI search works in context to where you are when you search so I recommend making sure you are at the "Home" page before starting your search. Once I realized that I found the search to work very well

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
THEKINGS

Go to aftermarket/upgrades on the home page. The thread is entitled "just put body side moldings on".

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hey guys...we're supposed to park waaaaaaaaaay out in the lot...good for the heart and the health![/color]

:banana: :hyper:

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks. I'll check out sportwing's site.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ordered my cocoa metalic from Sportwing.com. $119.00 plus shipping. Here's a hint, the shipping is about $6.00 cheaper if you call and order.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
That's a big $$ jump from $99 a few months ago! But at least you did well. I paid at least $10 in shipping. But boy are they worth it!! Good Luck!

Pix if you get a chance??

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I really like the looks of the body side moldings but I am not bothering to order until spring.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ZMAN, if you're gonna get them, do it now. One good ding and you'll regret it for years! Use a hair dryer to gently heat door and keep moldings near your home heater vents till right before ready to apply, if temps are a concern :thumb:

My 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Smokin:

Thanks for the advice. I've thought about that. I am not the most patient person when it comes to tedious tasks such as lining up the BSM, so I thought it would be better to wait until it is warmer out. I guess I could always order them and then when the mood hits me I could put them on.

You may have mentioned this elsewhere but what did you use as a reference(s) for alignment, especially vertically?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Zman, I went 17 1/4 inches from top of black side cladding. The instructions recco 17" front tip end, 18" rear door end. I didn't like the slight "rake" so I went same height, all along, using top of side cladding as a guide! Used a pencil line to place, then press on! Easy! If you barely press it on, at first, you can even remove it ONE time, in the first minute or so, as it doesn't grab TOO much unless you press hard! Gives you a reprieve in case you back up to take a look and see a horrible mistake ;) But have a helper as you may be 15' away looking at it, and it falls, Face down on dirt :banghead:

Keep middle, door gap, very narrow, just enough for rear door to open smoothly! I kept the molding ends about 1/4 inch apart, for a more continuous look and door cleared OK. Try it before you PRESS it on!

:thumb:See my pix if interested

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got my painted SBM from Sportwing.com. They had sent them to NJ instead of FL. Spoke to "Sam". He immediately sent another set to FL and I had UPS take the original set back. Installed today. Took my friend and I (it's easier with another pair of hands) twenty minutes to install. I opted to center moldings on doors instead of closer to center of car as pictured on their website. I also used blue painter's tape instead of masking tape as indicated in directions. I think painter's tape removes more easily. Looks like OEM product.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
gmf101 said:
Finally got my painted SBM from Sportwing.com. They had sent them to NJ instead of FL. Spoke to "Sam". He immediately sent another set to FL and I had UPS take the original set back. Installed today. Took my friend and I (it's easier with another pair of hands) twenty minutes to install. I opted to center moldings on doors instead of closer to center of car as pictured on their website. I also used blue painter's tape instead of masking tape as indicated in directions. I think painter's tape removes more easily. Looks like OEM product.
Good work! Interesting positioning. ("centered") Maybe some pix?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts