EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you live in snow country, you may see a message in the DIC display that saya "Park assist off". You can turn off the message by pressing any DIC button.
This will happen when road salt, dirt etc. cover the bumper sensors and prevent proper operation. To restore, just clean the sensors, and you will get a "Park assist on" message in the DIC display.
If you have the nav system, shifting into reverse and seeing a fuzzy image means it is time to clean the camera lens too ... BUT be sure to spray it with water or window cleaner first and use a soft cloth to avoid scratching the lens.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Thanks for the tip. We have not had this happen yet to ours.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had that happen to me a few times. It is supposed to shut off if they are covered or dirty, but I have also had snow on the bumper and when I put it in reverse, all 3 lights come on and it started beeping.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I just had this happen to me over the weekend, no snow but road salt and grime. It is awfully sensitive IMO....

·
Registered
432 Posts

nickyd said:
I've had that happen to me a few times. It is supposed to shut off if they are covered or dirty, but I have also had snow on the bumper and when I put it in reverse, all 3 lights come on and it started beeping.
This is true, but I noticed that in drive, the beeps shut off, but until bumper cleaned the system would not reset to be available when in reverse. I value the sensitivity since it can detech shrubs and little people children quite well. :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
PEOPLES!! Wash your cars!!! ;D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Also shuts off with hitch attachments in place such as a bike rack, even sans the bikes. Does it with a trailer in tow also, but that should be obvious.

Wayne

·
Registered
743 Posts
cRaZyRoSiTa said:
PEOPLES!! Wash your cars!!! ;D
Senorita cRaZyRoSiTa, I wish I could wash my Car. I've owned it since Oct 9th and the only washing it has had was when the Dealer washed it at Delivery and 3 Days after Delivery.
We have Water restrictions since last Summer and It might include this Summer too.
I don't like Car Washes but I will probably take it to the Self Car Wash.( I don't like it either.)
If all else fail, I can always wipe the Rear Sensors off.
The Clave stays in the Garage all the time and not driven very much, so, it stays pretty clean.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's also pretty hard to wash your car at 15 to 25 degrees. The car wash gets pretty busy when the snow quits for a few hours. ;D

·
Registered
644 Posts
sunshadw said:
Also shuts off with hitch attachments in place such as a bike rack, even sans the bikes. Does it with a trailer in tow also, but that should be obvious.

Wayne
But, how can you tell if the trailer is still there when you're backing up if the sensors aren't working? Guess the fancy electronics aren't that great after all. ;)

BB

·
Registered
214 Posts
blurrybill said:
But, how can you tell if the trailer is still there when you're backing up if the sensors aren't working? Guess the fancy electronics aren't that great after all. ;)

BB
I got your( ;)) :thumb: ,but if you need sensors to tell you that the trailer is attached please let me know where you are driving and I'll be sure to avoid the area. ;D

Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts