EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been noticing this light coming on with some regularity. The vehicle is squeaky clean and I even got out and cleaned it again but the sensor comes on intermittently for no reason it appears. Anyone else having any issue with the park assist off warning coming on??

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
No not here, sorry...I hope it doesn't start, I have found myself relying on it more and more as I have gotten use to it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've noticed that the "parking assist off" seems to come on when the parking brake is enabled. [One of the absolute stupidest error messages I've seen in a long time, IMHO, but that's another topic.] Is the brake light coming on on the dashboard? Is it possible that the brake on sensor needs adjustment?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have noticed the light coming on but not dinging when I am backing up too fast and nothing is in the way.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
khansen30 said:
I have noticed the light coming on but not dinging when I am backing up too fast and nothing is in the way.
When you are backing up over a certain speed, the sensors are disabled and they light up on the nav screen (if you have that) with a warning that says they are disabled. This is normal. If you don't have the nav screen, I would assume they would just light up and stay lit without a beep when you are over the maximum speed.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This has happened several times to me (the Parking Assist "off" on the DIC). When I brought the car in for service, the service manager pointed out that one of the sensors had apparantly been pushed in slightly, and was sending a false signal. He fixed it...no charge. So, check the sensors in the rear "bumper". Mine was the center one, on the right side of the sensor, was just not mounted straight. Maybe it was hit while parking. (Of course, as we all know, my wife couldn't have done it!!!!!)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, she brought it to my attention after i noticed it driving, I got the old oh I forgot to tell you bu that has been doing that intermittently the last few days....hmmmm....kcorey you might be onto something!! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, I have had the 'parking assist off' light come on for no apparent reason - sometimes it resolves itself or I resolve it by turning the engine off then on again. It's something I have on my list for the next maintenance in a week.[/color]

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
My rule: If it shows "OFF" in a parking lot, get out and inspect for bumper trauma.

2Much
Just one more thing to be "paranoid" about my Enclave!? ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts