EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all,

We've got the rear view camera which is great and works fine, but I still like to look out the back (as you're supposed to anyway!) and so would find the ultrasonic park assist thingy useful but I can't seem to get it to work.

When I start up, the DIC says "park assist on" with a little tick. When I take it out of park and pop it into reverse, it says "park assist off" and I get no park assist lights or beeps. You can't change the setting in any other gear except park, but of course as soon as I pop it back into park it says "on" again so I'm completely stuck :confused:

Help! All ideas gratefully received. It's not a case of if the camera's on, the park assist won't work, is it? That would be really annoying.

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Try taking a look at the settings through the Nav screen. Hit the MENU hard button, and go to the display tab. I think there is an option for the rearview camera... make sure it has both camera and symbols activated.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it's all I can think of at the moment! :)

R

·
0 Posts
is your tow haul mode on.

when you go in to your dic menu and select rear parking assist, does it show that it is on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, I played around with all settings and it now seems to be fine. I'm not sure what I changed, but it's working anyway.

Now get the lights on, and warning symbols on the camera display too which I didn't have before.

Thanks again for all replies :thumb:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The sensor is speed sensitive too, if you are backing up faster than 5MPH it won't work!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I didn't have symbols on before, but I think that my real problem was not actually being close enough to anything to test it properly - duh :confused:

I was really close to something in a car park and it beeped, as well as the warning triangle in the appropriate corner of the reverse cam.

Very happy with it, and thanks again for your patient suggestions :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts