EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is parking assist just the sensors with the camera?

Im curious if there is something Im missing.

I have it set to where the mirrors turn to the curb for parking.

Does the car actually tell you how to park or does it simply let you know if you are about to hit something?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sensors in the bumper give off audible beeps that change depending on how close you are to something, and also show a light on the headliner that changes in the same way.

Then if you have the Nav, you simply also have a backup camera that turns on in reverse and lets you actually see what's behind you.

Nothing that actually "helps" park, just audible and visual aids for YOU while parking...forewarning you before you hit anything, and of what's near.

·
Registered
360 Posts
civileng68 said:
Is parking assist just the sensors with the camera?

Im curious if there is something Im missing.

I have it set to where the mirrors turn to the curb for parking.

Does the car actually tell you how to park or does it simply let you know if you are about to hit something?
Welcome to the forum and looks like you're enjoying all of the neat stuff the Enclave has to offer. If I can offer a suggestion, if you put some key words in the search box on the main page, you will be able to find a lot of answers very quickly. On the other hand, if you haven't noticed yet, we tend to love to talk about the Enclave a lot! So, keep those questions coming. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts