EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what you may consider a silly comment/question.

Why didn't Buick put the parking assist sensors on the front of the Enclave also? It is hard for me to find where the nose of these things are!

My '04 Lexus LS-430 has them and I believe the Cadillacs have them. What's the deal Buick?

I am thinking about putting a "nose camera" in when/if I put the GM lockpick and iPod/iPhone adapters in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It would be nice. I have a hard time knowing where the front bumper is.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a 95 Firebird and it has an extremely long nose and the Enclave has a short nose. Quite a few times after I've parked I have to get back in the Enclave & adjust as these two are extremely different. I guess I shouldn't complain because I have two awesome vehicles!! :cheers:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree, in the always tight parking spots it's nice to know exactly where that front bumper is. We had front and rear sensors and camera in our Sienna and miss them but still LOVE the Enclave.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The more I am in it (have only gotten to drive it twice, still waiting on mine), the more I think that it needs either parking assist in front or some sort of nose cam. :)

Overall, the Enclave is fantastic!!!!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
If you've ever had rear sensors, you know about snow, dirt problems "falsing" them all winter. Some Enclave owners have already reported such, here, recently. I've had it happen to me.
Now, I've never had Front sensors, but can only imagine??? OKCCowboy ,am I somewhat correct? I'm not sure if OKC gets much slush or snow :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had them on a couple of my Lexus sedans and haven't had that problem. Now, we don't get a lot of snow / slush, but even when we have, I haven't had an issue. Maybe I have just been lucky.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
OKCCowboy said:
I have had them on a couple of my Lexus sedans and haven't had that problem. Now, we don't get a lot of snow / slush, but even when we have, I haven't had an issue. Maybe I have just been lucky.
We never had any problems in the winter with the backup sensors on our Ford Expedition. Today is the first snowfall in Minneapolis so I will have to ask my wife how they behaved on the Enclave.

·
Registered
333 Posts
We have had our fair share of snow and ice in Philly while we owned our Sienna, never had a problem....

·
Registered
120 Posts
We got about 12 inches of snow yesterday, I was parked outside when it was coming down and when I got in to leave, my park assist was turned off. I wasn't sure why, but the sensors were covered by snow. When they are covered it si turned off automatically.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
nickyd said:
We got about 12 inches of snow yesterday, I was parked outside when it was coming down and when I got in to leave, my park assist was turned off. I wasn't sure why, but the sensors were covered by snow. When they are covered it si turned off automatically.
I heard you guys were suppose to get hit pretty good out there. Cold too right? How sensitive are the sensors, when you are brushing the windows clear of snow will a quick wipe of the bumpers clear them or does the slush from the road wash up onto them? I guess us northern owners will be able to report on this soon as winter progresses. We are suppose to get the same front here tonight and Monday AM that you had yesterday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just had a thin coating of snow on the bumper, but when it is disabled you have to get up to a certain speed for the car to turn it back on. I was trying to turn it on in the garage with the DIC, and it wasn't working. I read the owners manual when I got in the house. Not too cold now, after the snow. -15 Thurs morning. Love the auto start and heated seats.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
nickyd said:
I just had a thin coating of snow on the bumper, but when it is disabled you have to get up to a certain speed for the car to turn it back on. I was trying to turn it on in the garage with the DIC, and it wasn't working. I read the owners manual when I got in the house. Not too cold now, after the snow. -15 Thurs morning. Love the auto start and heated seats.
If you don't mine, how far North are you, what city?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't received my Enclave yet, but I too am already searching the internet for possible front parking sensors. There are a couple of companies that use the license plate frame for the sensors. Does anyone out there have an informed opinion about aftermarket front sensors?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
nickyd said:
Virginia, MN. 60 miles north of Duluth on the Iron Range.
Been there, done that!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Wantone said:
I haven't received my Enclave yet, but I too am already searching the internet for possible front parking sensors. There are a couple of companies that use the license plate frame for the sensors. Does anyone out there have an informed opinion about aftermarket front sensors?
I bought a license plate frame sensor for the rear plate 4 years ago and it worked OK. Had the snow problem and finally broke it when removing ice. Bear in mind, there is no trigger mechanism for the front of the car (rear has shift activated, back-up lights!) Guess you leave it on all the time (w/ignition/key power) and whenever you get too close to the guy in front of you.........it beeps. Even at 60 ;) MPH!

I'd put a "kill' switch in for the ice days, or you'll rip it out ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts