EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bottom on the passenger front seat is not in a comfortable position. I notice there is a difference in the front height of 1 1/2" to my Honda Ridgeline (which also is not power tilt). What does it take to raise the front of the seat bottom? Can I assume it is just a matter of taking it loose in the front and adding spacers? I really can't believe this was a compromise by Buick. 8 way power on the driver's seat and only 4 way on the passenger. Not a good idea, Buick!!! Don't you know our wives have to be comfortable as well? Or me when they drive?

As it stands now, The Ridgeline is the vehicle of choice on cross country jaunts. Happened just yesterday, in fact.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
gshields said:
The bottom on the passenger front seat is not in a comfortable position. I notice there is a difference in the front height of 1 1/2" to my Honda Ridgeline (which also is not power tilt). What does it take to raise the front of the seat bottom? Can I assume it is just a matter of taking it loose in the front and adding spacers? I really can't believe this was a compromise by Buick. 8 way power on the driver's seat and only 4 way on the passenger. Not a good idea, Buick!!! Don't you know our wives have to be comfortable as well? Or me when they drive?

As it stands now, The Ridgeline is the vehicle of choice on cross country jaunts. Happened just yesterday, in fact.

Thanks
Yeah, I found out the hard way when my 6'4" friend first sat there and tried to lower it!! I was embarrassed. What were they thinking??? My '03 Yukon has, and former '04 SRX Caddy had both sides same 8-way power!! I think you should be able to raise it with spacers, unless it's welded. A quick inspection should reveal. Just beware that in a crash, that seat must hold firm! Reattach any nuts/bolts securely.

At least the 'Clave has a glove box lite!! My Caddy didn't :mad:

Good luck!

R

·
0 Posts
ha ha yea, when you plan on an accident make sure you dont have spacers, when you dont plan on an accident be as reckless as you like :angel:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to have a body shop friend of mine take a look. The front edge of the seat in the Ridgeline is 1 1/2" higher than the Buick. That's bunch. Will change somehow.

Galen

·
Registered
612 Posts
My wife, upon first sitting in an Enclave, noticed the seat was not very long. I took a measuring tape to the Honda dealer (she wants me to buy a Pilot, but I won't give in..). The Honda Pilot seat was .75 inches longer..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I rode in the passenger seat over the weekend for a long trip and that seat angle is really uncomfortable. I felt like I had to hold myself up on the seats with my legs the entire way. Has anyone figured out how to raise the front of the seat any? Some guidance would be helpful.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
**** it, Buick, this is a really cheap shot! Did you have to eliminate the heightmadjustment from the passenger seat?????. This was a BIG error in judgement, IMO.

If you're wondering why I'm whining, my 6'4" buddy was here for weekend and had clearance problems, that a little bit of seat lowering could have fixed. Guss the truck is so close to perfect that it glares out even more! :mad:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amen Smokin and Fryguy. We've got to fix that problem. I have yet to pry it away from my wife long enough to get the body shop to look at raising the front of the seat. That cures the ride comfort, but not the guy 6'4" who needs to have it sit lower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have any luck / history on modifing this issue. My wife hates the seat, and since I always drive, I guess she'll be "back seat driving" for real now!

Any chance the driver's seat mount/motor could be ordered & retro-fitted on the passenger's side ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the matter into my own hands. I figured GM would ignor our requests to fix and ....they did as expected. I took our Enclave to my favorite Body Shop and $100 later I had a front seat that was raised 1" in the front only. We had to take the cover off and weld a spacer in and then replace. It is solid and much more comfortable. My Ridgeline seat front was 1 1/2" higher, but I did not have the nerve to raise it the full amount so settled for the 1" raise. If I had to do it over again, I'd raise it the full 1 1/2".

I am shocked Buick would offer this luxury car with only 4 way power on the passenger side. They could have omited the power tilt and telescoping wheel in favor of the 8 way seat in my opinion (if they felt they had to save the $$).

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
gshields said:
I took the matter into my own hands. I figured GM would ignor our requests to fix and ....they did as expected. I took our Enclave to my favorite Body Shop and $100 later I had a front seat that was raised 1" in the front only. We had to take the cover off and weld a spacer in and then replace. It is solid and much more comfortable. My Ridgeline seat front was 1 1/2" higher, but I did not have the nerve to raise it the full amount so settled for the 1" raise. If I had to do it over again, I'd raise it the full 1 1/2".

gshields, I am shocked Buick would offer this luxury car with only 4 way power on the passenger side. They could have omited the power tilt and telescoping wheel in favor of the 8 way seat in my opinion (if they felt they had to save the $$).
This is the one unforgivable thing Buick did, IMO !! I only discovered that the drivers seat was impaired after a tall friend got in and complained!! When i bought it, I ASSUMED that both seats had same power, if at all! Others have thought of buying a power drivers frame and installing it. Not a bad idea. **** shame they may have to.

I can live with/compensate for, the lack of Bluetooth (I use Onstar phone!), no adjustable pedals (we move wheel in), no warning/walkway lights on the doors ( I added reflective red tape to all door bottoms!),etc. But NO height adjustment pass seat???????? Just Stupid!!

Good for you, for using American ingenuity to solve most of the problem, reasonably and permanently!! I may do same :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts