EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Starting today, the passenger seatbelt/chime is activated on my 2017 Buick Enclave, but no passenger. With the exception of my wife putting her purse (lighter than a human being) nothing has been on that seat.

I have been reading about the PPE, and it sounds like that could be it, but not sure. Any alternative theories?

If that is the case, what does a reasonable cost for that seem like? We just bought this in Sept and not had any repairs done. Like everyone, want to make sure I don’t get ripped off.

Any thoughts or ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brad

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
16 Posts
Watch this video:
It's not an enclave , but gives you an idea what is going on.

If the seat can be recalibrated then I would think the diagnosis would be about 1 hour of shop time. If not then you're looking at a replacing the module or the seat, which unfortunately would be considerably more.

I usually start by removing the appropriate fuses or disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and reconnecting. If the problem still exists, then you'll need the GM GDS2 to scan and look for the codes or conditions that's triggering the module to behave that way. You could try to get something like the VXDIAG Nano GM and diagnose yourself, but it's not for the faint of heart and for a singular problem your probably better off taking to a mechanic or a dealer with the proper tool. Hopefully you can at least latch the seatbelt to turn off the chime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts