EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
john 070 said:
I guess I'm saying it's maybe $30 in lost interest, but having Uncle Sam keep the money safe from harm or wasteful spending.
Huh? On the news last night they showed how Uncle Sam used $500,000 of your money to paint portraits of "civil servants" like cabinet secretaries! :angryfire: Aren't we in a fiscal crisis? I owe them $6500 more in taxes.....I'm gonna make them sweat for another six weeks. :happy:

I'll happily manage my own money in the meantime.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Orion42 said:
Huh? On the news last night they showed how Uncle Sam used $500,000 of your money to paint portraits of "civil servants" like cabinet secretaries! :angryfire: Aren't we in a fiscal crisis? I owe them $6500 more in taxes.....I'm gonna make them sweat for another six weeks. :happy:

I'll happily manage my own money in the meantime.
This is totally good practice in theory. My dad once claimed 9 exemptions because he had to have his net pay as high as possible. I remember, he went back to work after his own co. failed, and he had this great job and was on Wall St. for months. The problem was this was the early 90's--my dad still was against credit cards. He could not pay to stay in NYC for week upon week and wait to be reimbursed...thankfully they gave him the corporate amex.

I just asked our a/p if they had paid a vendor, because I wanted to keep good terms based on the line I asked them for. AP emailed me back--the invoice is not due, we do not pay early, the terms are net 30. It made me realize that yes, I am a weirdo for paying my bills 45 to 30 days before they're due, and that would not make me a good controller or treasurer, but at home, it's a little different! lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts