EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

I took my Enclave up for service and asked them to check the tranny software to make sure it was the latest.

I literally purchased my Clave off the delivery truck at thanksgiving - had like 4 miles on it so one can assume the build was late oct/nov.

Anyhow - they told me the car was being programmed and it would be ready in an hour - 10 mins later they called back and said the PCM fried and it would take 1 more day to get a new one and install it.

I asked if the tranny software they had was newer and that was the reason for the reprogram - they told me that there were a # of 'software' updates for my vehicle (not necessarily for the tranny) and that the PCM failure was something that was due to happen so its good it happened today.

My question(s):

1. Is the PCM thing related to the CAM issue (which I havent gotten any warning lights)?
2. What other 'updates' have come out recently?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi. Just to commiserate with you a little! I had mine re-flashed (to adjust tranny shift pattern) and it turned my computer into a chimpanzee! But they fixed it in 2 hours. No problems since. Runs great! (Sept) Check your build date easily by looking at lower, rearward, outer, edge of drivers door. There's a label. Move the weather-stripping a bit to read corner of label and see the build date!

Have not ever heard of the PCM (computer module) being fried from a re-flash before? Bet they just messed it up and had to wait for a certain technician to come in, and straighten it out!! it's new to them also it seems ;)
There is some correlation to the camshaft issue, in a few cases. Basically I recall a few posters saying the software re-flash fixed their Eng Lite issue. However, most who got the dreaded "Camshaft Position Sensor" code with the Eng lite needed the mechanical fix. If parts are available, (mixed bag here) results have been prompt & sterling!
There are other re-flash up-dates, like the ABS fix to help eliminate the "test" noise (clunk) they make after start-up and initial drive-away. Search Technical threads for more. These were most common in my mind.

Please update us with results and remember to "assume" nothing...................

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
PAPoPo said:
Smokin do you happend to have the links for those websites with the TSB's for the enclave?
Sorry my friend. I'd have to do a search also. I think Tralfaz posted one for the Eng Lite issue?? See under RECALLS/TSB section also.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent noticed much of a difference and I still get the ABS test knock so Im not sure what my PCM upgrade did???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts