EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just changed my oil again- 2nd time since I did the mod. (about 10,000 miles since mod).
Glad to report ZERO oil in my tube.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Working on a different problem (posted issue with my windshield washer sprayer not working) caused me to remove my air filter and box (checking for kinked hoses) and the intake tube, and also have NO oil in my tube.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks rbarrios for passing really great mod! Is there any other way you can share pictures - I would feel more confident to do this mode after seeing your instructions. I also plan to take some pics while doing it.
I do have heavy oil consumption and lot of oil/gunk in the tube... Replaced PCV five months ago without drilling it and nothing has changed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did the new PCV have larger holes than the old one? If not, then drill out the new one, make sure it is clean and then check the results in a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made the modifications to a new PCV valve (7/64 top hole, 5/64 bottom holes) and installed it. Took a little grease and a deep socket to tap it in place. One thing to be careful of are the heater hoses in that area. When I was installing the PCV I pushed the heater hoses out of the way a little too much and the plastic "T" broke! Small chunks of the T were stuck in the hoses, coolant everywhere, ugh. Now I need to replace the heater hose assembly. And those "quick release" fittings are anything but quick release. I used the GM tool and still couldn't get one of them off. Now I need to take it to my mechanic to finish the job. I have a 2008 with 155,000 miles. Images of the old PCV below. Sorry the first one is out of focus, but you can see that it is clogged and looks a lot like the other images in this thread. Hopefully the mods help reduce the oil in the intake. I had a small pool of oil in there.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts