EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shop where ive made lots of one off parts. But I just recently got my enclave and found there is practically nothing in the aftermarket for us. Im thinking of fabricating something and doing a run of a few depending on demand. I dont know where to start. So I want to know what does everyone want. Give me your ideas. Cold air intake, throttle body, headers, tune, shift kit ect

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
For an Enclave???????????

Exactly what I thought.

THough- someone on the Acadia forum did add a turbo kit.
Interestingly the turbo is mounted UNDER the vehicle.
But - no real demand for this type of vehicle. to be modded.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Sure, why not? To each, his own. ;)
I honestly think GM is too big to fail, and though they may be slow and late to the party, they're just putting on a show for everyone and pretending to not know what they're doing. The next Enclave will be a better built vehicle. Look at the little Encore, clearly higher fit/finish level. Why wouldn't an Enclave have this level in its new generation? I'll bet anyone here $20, that the wires to the rearview mirror with colors exposed will be gone. that was simply stupid. And I bet you led's on the mirrors will be visible from behind, that engineer must have been fired.

Now they could also drop the LF3 into it and now you have something, a $90k Enclave.... :happy:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
john 070 said:
I honestly think GM is too big to fail, and though they may be slow and late to the party, they're just putting on a show for everyone and pretending to not know what they're doing. The next Enclave will be a better built vehicle. Look at the little Encore, clearly higher fit/finish level. Why wouldn't an Enclave have this level in its new generation? I'll bet anyone here $20, that the wires to the rearview mirror with colors exposed will be gone. that was simply stupid. And I bet you led's on the mirrors will be visible from behind, that engineer must have been fired.

Now they could also drop the LF3 into it and now you have something, a $90k Enclave.... :happy:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
One thing that Buick is missing is a high performance option on it's cars, except for the Regal. A high(er) performance Enclave would be a very enticing vehicle for lots of folks forced to look to German performance CUVs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GoldEnclave said:
One thing that Buick is missing is a high performance option on it's cars, except for the Regal. A high(er) performance Enclave would be a very enticing vehicle for lots of folks forced to look to German performance CUVs.
Thats what I was aiming at. Like a buick version of the porche cayenne. I think there is a market for it mabey not on this forum but the lf3 is very similar to the current engine. There always is potential for more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mjc8bal. Hey i just got on here. Me and the wife have an enclave and im lookin for cold air intake and headers. Just for starters. Im gonna look and see what i can find for a performance chip also. Anyone come across anything worth checking out?

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you really want to mod your E, look to a tune (nobody really uses chips anymore and they were never any good anyway). Lots of guys have tuned the 3.6 in Impalas/Camaros/etc . I know a few guys who have used Overkill Tunes for their 3.6 Impalas and been very happy - and I know they can tune a 3.6 Enclave (I asked when I got my E but then thought better of it). I am not anti-tune (I have a very aggressive tune in my Ecoboost). I just decided that the E is just not the vehicle for it and no matter what I do, it is never really going to be quick or exciting to drive. A great family hauler, yes. But like I said, look up Overkill for a tune as a start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the tranny maxes out at about 315 hp. So obviously you would have to have it built before you get too aggressive in modding it. I think a higher rise upper plenum would be cool for those with the 09s and up who need to take it off to change plugs.

Maybe lighter weight driveshafts for easy weight savings

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
In order to upgrade performance, doesn't there have to be some to begin with? It has been done where you use a body of one vehicle, but the chassis of something else, but hardly worth it imho. even rich people don't bother with an Enclave, they get the SRT8 or X5M, Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
john 070
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing