EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the NAV system address book has a field for phone numbers. (I could swear that I also saw a "call" button on the screen) I asked the Onstar guy if that call function was integrated with their phone service and he said no, so I was wondering if anyone here had any idea on how, or if that function worked?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hit the button while driving the car and discovered that the call IS routed through the Onstar phone system. It counts down the minutes left on your Onstar account. It's a nice feature with good quality on the call, although I think the Onstar minutes are a little pricey.

·
Registered
612 Posts
deac said:
I hit the button while driving the car and discovered that the call IS routed through the Onstar phone system. It counts down the minutes left on your Onstar account. It's a nice feature with good quality on the call, although I think the Onstar minutes are a little pricey.
Cool! If you use a cell phone to talk to friends and family anyway, consider switching to Verizon. They have a family plan where minutes can be shared among phones in the plan -- including the OnStar system. Free incoming calls and Verizon to Verizon minutes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Acura MDX system allows you to look up & call numbers in the Nav system and place calls via blue tooth. It's a shame GM does not have a similar system.

·
Registered
612 Posts
deac said:
I'm a VZ customer - How do I get my Onstar phone connected into my calling plan?
How do I sign up?

Step 1. Simply call 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827)
Have the following information available:
Your OnStar Hands-Free Calling phone number.
(To retrieve your Hands-Free Calling number, simply press the phone button, and after you hear "OnStar ready", say "My number". The system will respond with your number.)
Your drivers license number
If you are currently a Verizon Wireless customer, your Verizon Wireless account or mobile number.
Step 2. Select the America's Choice with OnStar prompt from the menu to learn more about the program.
A Verizon Wireless advisor will provide details regarding the program and guide you through the process of verifying your eligibility for the program with OnStar and activating the new service.

If you have any question regarding your enrollment, please contact OnStar at 888.4.ONSTAR (888.466.7827)
[/color]

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/OnStar/?page=Enroll

More info:
http://solutions.vzwshop.com/onstar/

You can even forward your calls to the car so your friends don't need your OnStar number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts