EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their Enclave pin striped yet ?

I was thinking of 2 fine silver lines along the top curve line from front to back...
I have Carbon Black Metalic.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
We have a Gold Mist Metallic CXL and wanted to dress it up just a little.

SO....we went to a body shop..(owned by a friend) and checked out the options for pin stripping in one of their catalogs. They showed us some styles and more importantly color options. We chose a 2 stripe (1thin -1 heavier)Dark Cocoa Metallic to match our Cocoa bottom on the Enclave.

Results.....we love it. Had it put on the side --just slightly above the body contour line. Really looks sharp! :thumb:

Also, my father in law has a silver Enclave and he had a black pin stripe put on his. Same 2 stripe style but turned over with the thicker stripe on the top. He had it run just below the window line. Looks just fine.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:worthless:

·
Registered
120 Posts
PLEASE JUGLAKE, post some pictures! We would love to see what it looks like. It sounds so nice.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:sunny: Check out my pics.
The Enclave is a difficult vehicle to stripe, but my guy did a great job.
Ihe eagles found a great roost on the front fender to begin the side stripes.
Aldo, the "wiper hump" on the hatch presented an interesting opportunity.

·
Registered
329 Posts
juglake said:
Ok --OK

I'll take some pics and "try" to post them for you guys!

:thumb:
:worthless:

·
Registered
134 Posts
To Irishqb:
Please read my post above ... all is explained. ;D

·
Registered
379 Posts
The dealer had already done the stripes on the white opal, wasn't sure I wanted them, but they accent the curves just right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I had two tape stripes applied at the dealership when I pick it up.What a pain when you wax.I removed them very slowly without causing damage. I would reccomend that you have them painted on by a pinstripper by hand or with one of the bruglier pinstripe kits ,no wax or cleaner on the edges.Also mine were only on the front and back curves and the two stripes blended together at the end of creases not all along the complete sides ,much better looking.good luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah I know..........Where the H#ll are the pics. ;D

Well, I have been at camp for 3 weeks chasing the elusive whitetale.

AND now the Enclave is dirty, due to the snow and salt on the roads. We are currently having a "snowstorm" which means more sloppy roads for a while. Put the BOSS on the GMC this afternoon....just in time!

AS SOON AS I can get "er" cleaned up I will post some pictures.

PROMISE!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
lingohocken said:
Anybody done any creative striping since the last (January) post, or does the KISS principle apply to the Enclave? Photos?
I think mine are very creative, check the photos! ;D

·
Registered
314 Posts
newtobuick said:
I think mine are very creative, check the photos! ;D
Agreed, the "arrowhead" at the front of the stripe looks better than having an unadorned stripe continue all the way up to the front. Is it painted or stick-on?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
definitely creative with the arrowhead but i like the KISS method personally then again its all about personal preference!! This is the first vehicle i didn't have stripes put on..

·
Registered
134 Posts
lingohocken said:
Agreed, the "arrowhead" at the front of the stripe looks better than having an unadorned stripe continue all the way up to the front. Is it painted or stick-on?
Hand painted, and that's an eagle, not an arrowhead.
Somehow it came out similar to the USPS logo! ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts