EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to do my first oil change but after looking at the under body I'm unable to find a location where I would feel confident in placing my floor jack. Does anyone have any suggestion with possible pictures? Also, how do you prevent oil from getting all over the engine when you remove the oil filter. Thanks in advance. ???

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I can't help you with the floor jack question but I use ramps and they work great.

I have changed my oil twice myself on the Enclave. The first time I had no problems with cleaning up oil from the oil filter. The second time I made quite a mess. I am not sure what I did differently between the two times but I will have to be more careful on the next oil change.

There is a cross member that the oil will drain on to when you remove the filter. The next time I change my oil I may try to put a small container on that cross member, below the filter, to catch any oil that drains out.

Good luck and let us know what you learn.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have a picture but if you look at the lower side panel of the truck behind the front wheels and in front of the back wheels, you'll see small arrows (actually triangles) pointing to the spot where it's best to put a jack.

Page 5-78 in the owner's manual explains it with better detail.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Caution! This is a uni-body auto. Putting the jack any old place may bend the frame!! :eek: Follow the arrows gavine mentions or ask dealer to show you. Always set Parking Brake!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts