EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that on the Buick website Platinum Ice is a now an available choice. I thought I read on another thread that Platinum Ice would not be in production until January. We have ordered Carbon Black Metallic (husband's choice) but I think I would like Platinum Ice over the Carbon Black Metallic. We have had a Diamond White Cadillac since '99 and it is so easy to keep (doesn't show dirt), but we would like at least a little change in color. Carbon Black sure looks classy, but I know it shows dirt like no other color. We are still at 1101 since Oct 1, so we could still change. Before we do change I would like to at least see a color sample. Are there other GM cars that Platinum Ice is already an available option,and might they be already on a dealer's lot, so that we could check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I think we talked about this sometime in the past. Someone mentioned that while the various GM brands will come up with their own names for the same paint color, the paint code number is universal. In other words, if PI is paint code 67U (made up, I don't know the real number), then look for another GM brand with paint code 67U and that will be the same color.

·
Registered
509 Posts
There are no samples yet, unless you can find a dealer that happens to have received a chip of it already--no other vehicles are being built in the color yet.

Right now everyone is going on theory, but based on the fact that the current white diamond was over a gold base and had a yellow/gold hue, the platinum ice is over silver and is going to still be a pearl white but a brighter, whiter version without the gold/yellow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The Platinum Ice color code might be 94U.
I noticed that the same DIO Satin Nickel Splash Guards are called out for the 98U WDT and a 'new' color code 94U.

Wayne

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have to wait until January to place an order for platinum ice, or are they taking orders now for production in January? If I change my order (still at 1101) to platinum ice, how will it affect my getting my Enclave? :help:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m getting close to placing an order for a new Enclave however there’s a lot of confusion about the switch from WHITE DIAMONDS to PLATINUM ICE. The dealer, ordering system, and zone rep have no useful information about the availability of either color. Does anyone know what GM’s plans are and the true current status? I would like to know before I place an order. Thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I am under the impression that the Platinum Ice will not be available this model year (at least) for some reason, and that the WDT is on constraint, meaning they are limited in how many they can/will build and ordering it will most likely effect your delivery timeline.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
gm4ever said:
I’m getting close to placing an order for a new Enclave however there’s a lot of confusion about the switch from WHITE DIAMONDS to PLATINUM ICE. The dealer, ordering system, and zone rep have no useful information about the availability of either color. Does anyone know what GM’s plans are and the true current status? I would like to know before I place an order. Thanks

Here's a link:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1820.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts