EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Would a new board for Order time/issues/problems be helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

It's no secret that the order process is a nightmare right now. The forum is filling up with so many threads about complaints, wait times, ordering issues, etc. that it's getting difficult to have other conversations. I'd like to propose that we set up a new board specifically to handle all of these types of posts dealing with ordering issues, build dates, and so on. This would not only serve to consolidate everyone with similar issues into a single area, bu also separate those posts from the rest of the site, which is more geared to either current owners or potential new owners needing information unrelated to orders. I'm beginning to get PMs and emails that it's hard to find other info from the mix of posts.

What do you guys think? Would it be helpful to create a separate board (possibly a child board under buying&leasing) to consolidate the ordering issues?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Whatever admin feels is best. I do not think we need a separate board.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't think this is really necessary, but then again I'm not the admin.

(As I just stated on another thread...)
Sure, there is a lot of dialogue going on about people waiting for their orders...that's because the vast majority of people that are interested in Enclaves are in that group of people waiting for their orders!

Mine is on order, but I'm not simply complaining about the wait. I'm gathering good information and insights from others that are waiting (or were waiting) and in the meantime I'm learning TONS about the vehicle. I'm no genius, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what this blog is intended to do!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I would support this but I think we can function fine if we need to keep it the way it is.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't care (not that what I think matters!). Sounds to me like the people who are complaining about the whining are whining themselves! :angel:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why not put it to a vote - create a poll!

I have a hunch that the majority of active participants in this forum are in fact people waiting for their ordered Enclaves. But, I might be wrong. I know that once I actually get mine, I'll probably be way less active on here (I'll be too busy enjoying my actual Enclave!).

·
Registered
158 Posts
grd398s said:
I know that once I actually get mine, I'll probably be way less active on here (I'll be too busy enjoying my actual Enclave!).
:thumb: Me too!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I will ask people to vote Yes. Even though the demand for Enclaves will eventually settle down (and alleviate the problem of unhappy order-process folks) I present these two arguments For a Yes vote.

1. When I perform a search on this forum for information about Enclaves, or issues with Enclaves, I can now expect that most responses will be about people waiting for their order/allotment. This is "noise" to me.

2. Admin will make the new site a "sister site" so it will be super easy to switch between the original forum and the new one on the fly.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What do you guys think? Would it be helpful to create a separate board (possibly a child board under buying&leasing)
Well, this might be okay.

I have to admit, I am expecting a long wait due to everyone else's experience here.

But, and I've said this elsewhere, I think this board reflects what people are talking about re: the Enclave. If you want to talk about something, for God's sake, POST IT! Start a new topic. Everyone will join in. But it just so happens most of us a waiting right now. If you are a member, be a member and participate. Here's to you :cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow...it looks like the voting is really close!

I know I've already given my 2 cents, but here's 2 more: I really don't think this is necessary - if everyone can just try to contain their "order problems/questions" posts to the threads on those topics, I think that would control the problem. There is a thread going for every month's orders (May, June, July, August). Can everyone please just try to contain the order comments to those threads and everyone should be happy. I really don't want to have to bounce back and forth between two separate boards.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me be clear on the terminology - the entire site (enclaveforum.net) is a forum. A board refers to the list of areas you can create topics (i.e. Tech Section, Articles&Reviews, Picture Share). I'm not proposing a new FORUM, simply another board within enclaveforum.net. I'm thinking the best place for it would be a child board under "Buying & Leasing" just like Video/Multimedia is a child board under Articles & Reviews. So you wouldn't have to leave enclaveforum.net to see them. Those threads would even still show up in a search (unless you unchecked that board during your search to avoid seeing them, if you so chose).

Really, the only difference would be having all the threads dealing with issues involved orders in one place so that you could 1) more easily find them if you are interested and 2) more easily ignore them if you aren't. By putting them under their own board, they could easily be singled out in a search and omitted from a search, which is impossible today. I'll let the voting continue for a little while longer today, but unless things change drastically, it's looking like that's the best option.

For reference: (example)
Forum - the entire collection of boards on a given URL (enclaveforum.net)
Category - a Subsection containing similar boards (Other GM Lambda Crossovers)
Board - A section of a forum containing threads of similar topics (Picture Share)
Thread/Topic - An individual conversation within a Board in which you can reply (new board for order problems?)
Post - a single entry by a member within a Thread/Topic (this reply from me! :))

This may seem trivial to long time forum users, but it can be confusing to newer users. I still get a lot of PMs and emails from users calling this site a Blog, so it's clear that the terminology can be confusing. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
With this explanation, can I change my vote?

edit: "TO YES"

·
Registered
108 Posts
Will new posts to this "child board" still show up under the "Recent Topics" heading on the right of the main page?

Thank you for the explanation - whatever you think is best will no doubt work out fine. Thanks for the effort you put into this forum! :thumb:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MRBUICK, yes, but it doesn't need to be that formal, just let me know your opinion in a reply.

grd - Yes. The posts will still show up just like all others. The only thing that will really be different is, you'd need to go into the new board to start a NEW topic (so it's in the right place, just like you go into Polls today to create a new poll). And you'll be able to check or uncheck that board in searches. That may not even be something people know about. When you click on search, you can click on "choose a board to search in" which expands a list showing all boards (all checked by default, meaning search the entire site). But you might only be interested in finding posts with pics of blue enclaves. In that case, you'd check only the "picture Share" board and search for 'blue'. The other benefit would be, if you are just browsing a board, say, general discussions, and you already have your enclave, you wouldn't have to sift through the order issues threads to get to the ones that you are looking for.

I obviously confused people with my original post, sorry about that. I didn't mean for this to be so difficult. This is really no different than me creating the new boards on acadiaforum.net for things like "Audio/Video/Nav" - a more specific board for just those topics.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A-ha...thanks for the explanation. I don't really see this as a big deal then...go for it (I also initialy voted NO).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would guess that maybe the decision is probably for admin to make, but since we are voting then I surpose we will go with that.
That being said, personally I don't think we need a different board simply because we all on this site are either waiting in distress or lucky and happy owners of the Enclave, either way we are/will be new Enclave owners. I got my Enclave off the lot in May, simply because I
couldn't wait like a lot of others on this site. I feel for them and do not mind one bit if they complain some, infact I monitor this site daily
to hear news of anyone of the members getting their Enclave. Like I said, we are part of the ENCLAVE FAMILY and we should surport
each other. Ok, off the soapbox I go. All of you hang in there, **** I know it's got to be hard, but I'm telling you it will be worth it!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds good, things have been getting difficult to sift through.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.