EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the nanny feature in Enclave is really annoying. You are low on gas and need to find a gas station. You are travelling on the freeway. Instead of asking my wife to locate a gas station, like we normally do in our other car. Guess what. The Enclave wants us to be stationery in order to browse for a gas station or restauant. Is this yet another truly annoying safety feature or is their some kind of override that we dont know about.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hormazd said:
So the nanny feature in Enclave is really annoying. You are low on gas and need to find a gas station. You are travelling on the freeway. Instead of asking my wife to locate a gas station, like we normally do in our other car. Guess what. The Enclave wants us to be stationery in order to browse for a gas station or restauant. Is this yet another truly annoying safety feature or is their some kind of override that we dont know about.
Yes this is a lock-out feature on the factory nav that is presumably for saftey, terrible feature in many of the forum member's opinions including mine. There is a override that you can install called the GM lockpick sold by coastaltech. Do a search on the home page and you will find lots of info. It is a module that you plug into the back of the unit and it works well. Some of it gets kind of complicated to read, but the basic features to unlock the destinations, address book, scrolling features are supposably all straight forward. You will also notice your XM categories can not be scrolled i.e. if you touch the category name above the song and artist info, it will go to a scrolling option which you can't use when moving. Great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Make sure to program all 6 of your favorite lists on the audio portion of ent. system #3 or #4, that way you can use the up or down to scroll through 36 of you favorite stations without having to use the touch screen.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I will second the GMLockpick. I installed one before our recent 2000 mile trip and it was nice to be able to have my wife do those things while I drove. 4 taps on the rear window lockout and you unlock those features for a while.

My one complaint about POI is that you have to be close enough in the scale to see but that leaves you with little range on the screen. I find we are moving up the screen manually to see what is coming up. Not a huge complaint but a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
cruiser68 said:
I will second the GMLockpick. I installed one before our recent 2000 mile trip and it was nice to be able to have my wife do those things while I drove. 4 taps on the rear window lockout and you unlock those features for a while.

My one complaint about POI is that you have to be close enough in the scale to see but that leaves you with little range on the screen. I find we are moving up the screen manually to see what is coming up. Not a huge complaint but a minor annoyance.
??? :eek: ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox said:
Okay, this prompts the next movie reference. In Parenthood, Steve Martin is standing by the smoking wreck next to his wife in the movie (Mary Steenburgeon?) talking to the cop investigating the accident. "Why don't you tell him how it happened, Honey?" -- a classic scene. ;D

BB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts