EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a PC or UDM? What would you recomend. and do you use them with zaino products?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also what pads do you use to apply and to buff or take off?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Porter Cable and use all Adams product with it. Easy to use.

·
Registered
166 Posts
A sure sign that spring is coming to the NorthEast when I start seeing all these posts about washing and cleaning.

I have a Porter Cable, but now that I use Zaino products I really won't be using it on my Enclave. On my other cars, where there are swirl marks, scratches, scrapes, etc. the Porter Cable 7424 or 7336 works well. You can find these on many sites, but you can also go to Lowe's and find it cheaper. You will have to buy a new PC velcro plate, but they can be found everywhere. You will also need pads to polish or wax. Do not use the one that comes with the Porter Cable. I like the ones at Classic Motoring Accessories or Griot's.

Press

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
press said:
A sure sign that spring is coming to the NorthEast when I start seeing all these posts about washing and cleaning.

I have a Porter Cable, but now that I use Zaino products I really won't be using it on my Enclave. On my other cars, where there are swirl marks, scratches, scrapes, etc. the Porter Cable 7424 or 7336 works well. You can find these on many sites, but you can also go to Lowe's and find it cheaper. You will have to buy a new PC velcro plate, but they can be found everywhere. You will also need pads to polish or wax. Do not use the one that comes with the Porter Cable. I like the ones at Classic Motoring Accessories or Griot's.

Press
I use the Porter Cable 7424; it makes it easier to "wax on". :p You'll need a variety of pads depending on what shape the finish is in, the difference is in the density and pore sizes of the foam in the pad. You will also need a variety of compounds, ranging from fairly aggressive to non-aggressive. In my experience there's not a lot of difference in the brands of Velcro-attach pads. I'm still old school and remove the wax by hand with microfiber towels.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What I like about the Griot's pads are that they are color coded for either polish or wax, so I never use the wrong one the next time I am polishing/waxing. Also they sell three grades of Machine polish. I always start out with the finest polish. If that doesn't get the scratch or swirl out, I go the next more aggressive polish. I like Griot's but they are a little overpriced. You pay for the convenience.

Press

1 - 7 of 7 Posts