EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I have a 2008 Buick Enclave, it has had some issues that we’re suspecting is a computer malfunction. Something that has to do possibly with the relays and wires that connect to the computer. Someone has actually made the suggestion that it might be a limp mode?
So what it does is, It throws a code for Traction Control Off, Service Traction control,and Service Stabilitrak, the last time it did this and showed these messages on the dash , I couldn’t accelerate over 40-50 mph. My mechanic has tried to disconnect all the wires and clean them out real good, he connects them and that seems to work for awhile but the problem always comes back. I don’t know what to do at this point. Any suggestions would help. And if anyone could ask questions To weed out possible issues, I can answer them to the best of my ability. Codes are C0242 and u0140

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bad grounds can cause weird thing to happen with an automobiles electrical system.

If cleaning those connections works for a while I would try some electrical grease on the connections.

Something like this that enhances conductivity.

My daughter had a MAF issue on her car, I swapped the MAF out and still had the same issue. Inspection of the wiring revealed nothing wrong. So I went to autozone and got a tiny packet of deoxit grease. About $2 and after applying it to the connector her MAF has been fine.

Not dielectric grease but deoxit. Many folks confuse the two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This may be the known problem with the main fuse box (under the hood on passenger side). I had to get a new one for my 2013 Enclave a couple years back. It fixed the problem. HOWEVER, a few months ago, I had to remove the fuse box to replace a motor mount. The problem returned. Turned out that I needed to tighten the two bolts better that hold the fuse box into it's plug-in base. I'm not sure how tight they should be. Don't want to over tighten and break something or strip it out. It'd would be great to know the torque setting but I've had no luck.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
802 Posts
This may be the known problem with the main fuse box (under the hood on passenger side). I had to get a new one for my 2013 Enclave a couple years back. It fixed the problem. HOWEVER, a few months ago, I had to remove the fuse box to replace a motor mount. The problem returned. Turned out that I needed to tighten the two bolts better that hold the fuse box into it's plug-in base. I'm not sure how tight they should be. Don't want to over tighten and break something or strip it out. It'd would be great to know the torque setting but I've had no luck.
I was going to suggest the fuseblock also. Another thing it to make sure the throttle Body is clean and free. CRC Throttle body cleaner and CRC ..MAF sensor cleaner to clean the MAF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, I have a 2008 Buick Enclave, it has had some issues that we’re suspecting is a computer malfunction. Something that has to do possibly with the relays and wires that connect to the computer. Someone has actually made the suggestion that it might be a limp mode?
So what it does is, It throws a code for Traction Control Off, Service Traction control,and Service Stabilitrak, the last time it did this and showed these messages on the dash , I couldn’t accelerate over 40-50 mph. My mechanic has tried to disconnect all the wires and clean them out real good, he connects them and that seems to work for awhile but the problem always comes back. I don’t know what to do at this point. Any suggestions would help. And if anyone could ask questions To weed out possible issues, I can answer them to the best of my ability. Codes are C0242 and u0140
I would try replacing the MAF Sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts