EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
We got a sleet and ice storm here yesterday. The thing handled great. I even tried to fishtail in a parking lot and could not get it to go. I know there has been a lot of discussion regarding snow tires, but I think unless you are crossing the Rockies during a storm, 99% of us will be fine on snow covered slushy roads, just my opinion. Based on how it handled yesterday and this AM I am not worried at all.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree BSOX. But we did have a 22" snowfall, about 5-6 years ago, here on Long Island NY, and my Yukon (had a 2000 then) handled the fresh stuff great, with 4WD, stock All Season tires. Goodyears I believe!

Some posters live in the Mountains it appears, and 20" of fresh snow, and steep hills are a different story! One poster said Cal Hwy Patrol (CHP's!) mandates some kinda snow tires/chains etc., in certain areas. I suggest they look at the site I quoted above, as it may offer a possible solution! :thumb:

Glad to hear you forged onward in the white stuff! I see you have AWD. I'm kinda waiting to try it myself :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Today the temp dropped and this stupid junk froze. roads were a mixture of salt, slop, ice, and that combination crap of all of it put together. The car felt very solid. I am really happy so far with this aspect. I had a Montero which I still say was a beautifully build SUV which handled great, the Enclave reminds me of that. The Pilot in between these two just did NOT have the same secure feeling to it.

Yes if in the real mountains out west, I am sure you want something more than the all season rubber...

·
Registered
333 Posts
bsox said:
The car felt very solid. I am really happy so far with this aspect. ...
:ditto:

I have had a Tahoe, Durango, Blazer, Subaru, 4 Audi Quattros and have an Infiniti G35X and have to say that I was suprised at how planted and solid the Enclave felt in the slop over the weekend..awesome!! Being the kid I am, I took the G35X out right before the Enclave and it was like roller skating on the head of a pin (could have been that the VSC couldn't keep up with the 300+ horses and my foot ;D).

After driving the Enclave for 2 days I started looking into winter tires...for the Infiniti!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
johnt26 said:
:ditto:

I have had a Tahoe, Durango, Blazer, Subaru, 4 Audi Quattros and have an Infiniti G35X and have to say that I was suprised at how planted and solid the Enclave felt in the slop over the weekend..awesome!! Being the kid I am, I took the G35X out right before the Enclave and it was like roller skating on the head of a pin (could have been that the VSC couldn't keep up with the 300+ horses and my foot ;D).

After driving the Enclave for 2 days I started looking into winter tires...for the Infiniti!
Great comparison!!! The word planted is exactly correct. Take it easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts