EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got a 2008 Enclave CXL. Just noticed the driver's side power mirror is no longer folding in when I press the button. It just makes a whirring sound.

I've read here about Gruvenparts offering some options to fix this. I went to their website and they offer a Strengthened Spur gear, a high torque motor, or the motor and spur gear together, or a complete Motor Drive Unit for $400 (Incl. $200 Core)

I'm not even sure what core means and was hoping someone could help me. They ask for me to send back the core in repairable condition? Gruvenparts did not respond to my request for help yet and I'd love to get this fixed. I'm mildly handy, but not a mechanic by any means.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Chris

·
Registered
5,907 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for this help. I did find the thread. I just didn't understand what Gruvenparts meant by $400, "Inc $200 core."

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thank you very much for this help. I did find the thread. I just didn't understand what Gruvenparts meant by $400, "Inc $200 core."
That means you pay them $400 up front, they send you the replacement, then when you send your old part back to them they give you a $200 credit/refund. But I don't know if you are paying them for an entire mirror assembly or just the small cylindrical motor that is mounted inside the mirror housing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sincerely appreciate this helpful information. Thank you all so much. Can't wait to get this fixed. I use the folding mirrors all the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought my aftermarket mirrors from Rock auto for my traverse for $100 new. They were not painted, but they were black and matched each other. The fold and everything...including memory option. It's been a few years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That seems like a great deal. I wonder how much it would cost to paint them. I would want them to match the gold mist color of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
chriscaldwell11
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing