EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend's 2008 Buick Enclave is causing us major problems.

The latest one is the back hatch not operating. Nothing I do will make it want to open. Although, we get a message on the DIC that the Power Lift Gate is open... (I wish!).

Any ideas?

We are both fed up with this vehicle. Selling it as soon as I get this fixed properly. Just not sure if it's a simple fix or a dealer job, yet again...

No offense to anyone on here. I just think this one is a lemon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did. It does nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This morning my girlfriend told me that her stereo no longer works.

I'm thinking this may be a fretting issue that I've seen on here. I'll look more into that. I did pull a bunch of random electrical harness connectors apart that were under the hood and the connections looked fine, no green corrosion or anything, but I'd like to narrow it down to a more specific connector.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have you been able to open/lift the gate manually? You should be able to if the console lock is set. If you open the gate this way you can check the latch area for grit and trash, which is one reason the power function doesn't work. Give it a try.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You sound like you know what you are doing....but...have you checked fuses? The radio and the hatch going at the same time would make me look at fuses....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not able to lift it manually. I was reefing the **** out of it last night. Had to stop before I ripped it apart. Is there a trick to this that I'm unaware of?

Checked the fuses. There is a square pink 30A fuse for the Power Life Gate. I swapped it with another 30A and still had no effect. Haven't had a chance to look at them since the radio blew.

I should also mention that about a week ago the vehicle died on her going up a steep (and dangerous) hill. Stabilitrak messages, loss of power. She had to pull over, shut down and restart and everything went away.

There are also no stored codes that I can find with my scanner.

...just got off the phone with the dealer. Might just trade this thing in and take a loss on it. Quite disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just had a brainwave... I may connect another battery to the Enclave's when she gets home tonight. Maybe it's simply a low battery issue? It has been very cold up here in Northern Canada lately. We are having a warm stretch now, but I know she had some very cold starts which may have depleted the cells in the battery.

If it's only this simple....

·
Registered
432 Posts
AirspeedX said:
I'm not able to lift it manually. I was reefing the **** out of it last night. Had to stop before I ripped it apart. Is there a trick to this that I'm unaware of?
Take it nice and easy. With the inside rocker set at "OFF", grip the pad in the tag holder and depress it firmly until you hear a click and lift the gate manually as far up as it goes (so the struts hold it open, especially in cold weather), then see if the latch/catch area has litter that fouls up the works. Close the gate firmly and completely. Then try the power option using the console switch to open.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi AirspeedX,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations! We have a customer care department in Canada that would be happy to assist in a resolution. They can get you in contact with a local dealership who can provide you with an action plan. The phone number is 800-263-3777, and the hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm and Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

AirspeedX said:
Just had a brainwave... I may connect another battery to the Enclave's when she gets home tonight. Maybe it's simply a low battery issue? It has been very cold up here in Northern Canada lately. We are having a warm stretch now, but I know she had some very cold starts which may have depleted the cells in the battery.

If it's only this simple....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey, AirspeedX, if you're still interested - talk about brain wave, what I posted for you last week makes the assumption that the side doors are unlocked. Tailgate is designed to never click open if regular doors are still locked. Try the opening with engine running to have a bit of a electrical boost, maybe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had this happen to our 2008 enclave before Christmas. The dash board kept saying the hatch was open but it was tighter than Fort Knox. Nothing worked to get the lift gate open manually or with the key fob.

My mechanic said this winter was colder than usual and this may have caused it to malfunction. He had to reset/ reprogram the electronic module controlling the lift gate and this did the trick. Lift gate opened as if nothing was wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
enclave jedi
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing