EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Enclave... Loading the car up to come home from visiting family Monday morning and as the door was closing that last 1/4" where it pulls everything tight and I heard a really loud bang. I opened the door back up and the plastic piece where the rod connects near the window snapped in half.

Oddly enough nothing was in the way and the door hadn't jammed at all so I guess the plastic part just wore out and failed. When we got home I took the two bolts out that are hidden behind the tie down hooks on the left side and was able to pull the trim piece away far enough to disconnect the rod from the gear mechanism. The new part will be here Thursday (didn't even bother checking if the dealer had it in stock since Amazon did). The gas struts seem to be carrying the load just fine since the door is light to open/close manually now that the power lift rod is disconnected. If anyone needs this in the future, the part # is 20812019. For now I've got the lift gate in the off position on the console to make sure the gear motor doesn't engage when opening the door manually, though I don't think it would hurt anything with the rod disconnected.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts