EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received my 2nd notice for this recall for my 2009 Enclave. I thought this was concluded when I brought it back to my dealer about a year ago. I just called dealer service and they were not aware of a 2nd recall, although he said another customer also called today after receiving the same 2nd notice. Anyone have info on this? Or did Buick make a mistake?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also got a second notice today even though I brought the vehicle in for the first one many months ago. Seems to be the same recall as the repair is to update software, inspect struts and replace as needed. Interestingly, although my struts supposedly passed that inspection, the struts failed and needed to be replaced about two months later at my expense.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just received the recall notice in the mail yesterday. I had this taken care of about a month ago. Checked my vehicle in the GMC Owner's center and does not show an open recall for that issue.
The mailing that I received seems to be tied to a dealership, so maybe they're just looking to get people to come in to look at new cars...IDK.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I also received the new recall notice. Had the original one done several months ago for the same apparent thing. So why did they send out another recall notice??? Is it something different this time with newer software? Doesn't a GM person monitor this forum - and if so - maybe they can clarify why GM sent us another recall notice. Anyone????

·
Registered
881 Posts
Got same recall notice yesterday. Responded to that recall some time back, to lazy to dig out paperwork and get actual date. But, traded my '10 Enclave for a '16 Enclave about a month ago.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My thoughts are, if lift gate had been done, you wouldn't have received the notice, take it in and get it checked out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I received this same letter yesterday. I had the recall done earlier this year on it. It did have a specific dealer on the letter. I, too, am unsure if there is a new fix of the software or what the deal is. In any event, it is confusing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I called the dealer today to get more info...they said that recall was closed on my vehicle and did not need to do anything.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
I had my recall taken care of last spring. Got another notification yesterday. Threw it away...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Power Liftgate Safety Recall Correction #15240 Second Notification

Today I got a correction notice from GM, stating that the recent 2nd notice was an error and that my liftgate software is up to date. No surprise on the second notice error, that many have reported. Still peeved that my struts failed just weeks after passing their recall inspection where I understand they reversed the direction of them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have yet to do mine but I received a letter stating that I had it done, then another letter stating that the first letter was wrong. :angryfire:

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
electbc said:
I have yet to do mine but I received a letter stating that I had it done, then another letter stating that the first letter was wrong. :angryfire:
Same here.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Had it done today. Tried it before I left the dealer, no problems. It didn't solve the clunk when it opens fully under power but hopefully there will be no future problems. I replaced the struts a couple years ago and they put new ones in today as well. :blob:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts