EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
mtrot said:
Yes, I understand that you have to press and hold the button on the lift gate. It still does not work all the time.
Ok, then it does like you fully understand how they operate and as Cfedor has mentioned it sounds like you have an issue w/ Switch/Wiring at switch. There have been threads in the past regarding corrosion problems w/ the switch Liftgate switch that's on the bottom of the liftgate (I believe specific to northern cars where water after salting the roads gets to it.)

I believe it's pretty easy to remove the switch for inspection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a note regarding the power liftgate. I have an 08 Enclave and the liftgate stopped working. When opening manually you could hear the latch making a noise but it wouldn't work. Read on the Acadia forums that a more common issue is a faulty latch assembly. Gm part #13581405. I just replaced this part and liftgate is working working perfectly again. Hope this helps.
Not a cheap part but available online for under $200.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a note regarding the power liftgate. I have an 08 Enclave and the liftgate stopped working. When opening manually you could hear the latch making a noise but it wouldn't work. Read on the Acadia forums that a more common issue is a faulty latch assembly. Gm part #13581405. I just replaced this part and liftgate is working working perfectly again. Hope this helps.
Not a cheap part but available online for under $200.
Kupstein, and the only problem you had was the liftgate switch on the liftgate handle wouldn't open or work?The liftgate button on the front and the key fob was working before you replaced the Latch and the liftgate close button under the liftgate works? I have the liftgate switch on the liftgate itself not working only. The button inside by the front seats and the key fob works. Even the liftgate close button under the liftgate works. I replaced the liftgate switch handle purchased from Ebay and still didnt work. I wonder if received a bad liftgate switch though. If the latch doesnt work all of liftgate controls wouldnt work, right? I think mtot's problem is the same as mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, the power lift gate on the 2009 I just bought doesn't seem to work from the buttons on the lift gate itself. It seemed like they worked at the dealership when I was picking the car up on Monday. The power lift gate does work from the key fob and from the button up front on the console.

The button on the front console is NOT set to the "Off" position, so that should not be the cause. I wonder if there is some other setting that would disable the controls that are on the lift gate. Anybody have any ideas?
Mtrot, did you ever find out the problem from the dealer? Did you fix the problem with yours? I have ONLY the liftgate switch on the liftgate itself not working. The button inside by the front seats and the key fob works. Even the liftgate close button under the liftgate works. I replaced the liftgate switch handle purchased from Ebay and still didnt work. I wonder if i received a bad liftgate switch though. Someone suggested the Latch problem, but If the latch doesnt work all of liftgate controls wouldnt work, right? I think your problem is the same as mine. I dont think its electrical........one of the previous switch's wire was corroded by the switch itself and cut the wires pretty far from the corrosion when i installed the new one just to make sure there's no issues, but it didn't work. How did you fix your problem? I checked fuses and they're good. I did not check the relay yet and i dont know if the corrosion will short anything including relay.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mtrot, did you ever find out the problem from the dealer? Did you fix the problem with yours? I have ONLY the liftgate switch on the liftgate itself not working. The button inside by the front seats and the key fob works. Even the liftgate close button under the liftgate works. I replaced the liftgate switch handle purchased from Ebay and still didnt work. I wonder if i received a bad liftgate switch though. Someone suggested the Latch problem, but If the latch doesnt work all of liftgate controls wouldnt work, right? I think your problem is the same as mine. I dont think its electrical........one of the previous switch's wire was corroded by the switch itself and cut the wires pretty far from the corrosion when i installed the new one just to make sure there's no issues, but it didn't work. How did you fix your problem? I checked fuses and they're good. I did not check the relay yet and i dont know if the corrosion will short anything including relay.
Wow, that's been a long time ago and I just can't remember what all happened with that issue. Sorry.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts