EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 E has 71800 miles and just turned 10 years on Dec 1. I had steering noise at 9975 miles and warranty covered new rack/pinion and pump. Noise fixed!! At 18000 miles noise back again/ tech bul covered new "fix" incl bigger hose at pump + another r/p. Noise fixed!! I'm writing on memory only because file on E is 2 1/2 " thick and just trying to get the ball rolling?? At +/- 40000 steering noise was back again!! At some point the ps fluid was changed by GM to DexronVI atf and I flushed, but still made noise. Dealer r/r pump and r/p again. Picked up vehicle and was not fixed this time!! Dealer said give it a little time/ it will work itself out!! This dealer was in my parents hometown in KY and I went back to Houston. I typically visit Ky twice a year around 4th July and Xmas/newyear. I did not take to Houston dealer to fix Ky dealer's shortcomings, (big mistake)....... as I planned on having Ky dealer get it right on my nxt visit. The noise in the steering column has been a problem for so long that you kind of get used to it and I'm proof that it is not a safety issue as I'm and my family are still here. Its just an extreme aggravation that GM recognizes and Fixes on occasion????? Ok so I believe a class action lawsuit was started and resolved??? GM came out with a 10 year/150000 ext warranty on power steering pump for leaking probs that were named to loss of power steering..........(no mention of steering noise????) Now KY dealer says not covered item/the noise so can not do anything under warranty!!!!
Somebody like GM has to have records on how many vehicles have been repaired?? because of this steering column noise. Also would be good to know what forum members/ all lamda models have had this problem. Info might be available thru the class action?? Having way to much fun and the party is just getting started...........I will not be eating a pump nor r/p anytime soon!!
Hoping for forum member participation on this one as the same will be coming to a theater near you at some point Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts