EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2nd Enclave. Love the car is why I bought a newer one. Last week with no warning at all I couldn't turn the wheel and whining coming from the engine. I took it to a GM service department and they said it was the power steering pump and needed to be replaced. My car had only 50k miles and not a scratch on it. Take extremely good care of it. Total cost was $1991.51!!!! I have read all the problems other owners never had!!! GM someone it's going to be killed!!! Please recall!!!

Registered
Was it just the pump. My dealer says I should have the pump flushed as part of 40K maintenance. Did you ever have your pump flushed?

Registered
This is my 2nd Enclave. Love the car is why I bought a newer one. Last week with no warning at all I couldn't turn the wheel and whining coming from the engine. I took it to a GM service department and they said it was the power steering pump and needed to be replaced. My car had only 50k miles and not a scratch on it. Take extremely good care of it. Total cost was $1991.51!!!! I have read all the problems other owners never had!!! GM someone it's going to be killed!!! Please recall!!!
So this is occurring on a 2016 model? GM has done nothing on the power steering pump/system after all the previous model year issues...............surprise surprise I'm still having steering column noise after 3 rack/pinion/ pump r&r's on 2010 with 71k only. Local dealer installed new power cable for air bag in steering column thinking that was making the noise(nope not it), still noisey!!
Anyone have any ideas on how to find out the number of these noise/loss of steering issues that have gone thru gm dealers on all model years from 2008 on all gm makes, they dont engineer a different pwr str set up for each make they produce do they? It's obvious that they can not produce a steering system that is worth a [email protected], but they dont care, thats the bottom line.

Registered
they made some tweeks.
Went from regular PS fluid to Dexron VI trans fluid.
I believe they also removed a sensor- or made it available on all models.
The sensor- was for PS assist at higher speeds.
For example, on Traverse, the LS (lowest trim) model did not have this sensor.
Move up in trim and the PS rack had this sensor.
(when you try to buy the PS rack- there is mention of veryfying the presence of this sensor- as youd have to move it over to the new rack).

But- im now at 155,000 and still on the factory PS pump and rack on my 2010.
I do occasional removal of the PS fluid out of the PS reserve using a turkey baster and then refill with new fluid- or with Lucas PS stop leak - to keep the fluid fresh and clean

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Was it just the pump. My dealer says I should have the pump flushed as part of 40K maintenance. Did you ever have your pump flushed?
Yes!!! Had the pumped flushed. Everything that book says to do when do, I've done 馃槥

1 - 5 of 5 Posts