EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from one of the dealers I initially contacted to purchase an Enclave. they have a new CXL AWD White Diamond with 7 passenger seating and Nav. for around $43K and they have two used CXL FWD's with between 11K and 14K miles for around 33K.
I am surprised used Enclaves are already here for sale. Wonder Why?

Here is the email if anyone is interested. They are located in Orange County, CA.

[email protected]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Some popping up now are GM exec cars.

The local dealer here also has a Cocoa/Cashmere moderately optioned CXL FWD with 7500 miles on it. Heard through a friend who looked at it, people bought it there and after a few months, "just didn't like the ride compared to their trucks before" and traded it in for another truck/SUV. Basically, I think it was a couple who was TOO used to their Tahoe/Yukon (best guess) and couldn't get used to the lack of truckiness in the Enclave's luxury car feel...or something.

But yes, they're popping up, as always. Ebay always has one or two as well. Mostly exec cars, I imagine, and some other "ehh, changed my mind" people's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also think that, as with any other vehicle, sometimes people don't know what they are getting themselves into with a payment on a vehicle in this price range. But, all the better for consumers who DO know their money situations and would drive a "used" one!

·
Registered
509 Posts
akin187 said:
I also think that, as with any other vehicle, sometimes people don't know what they are getting themselves into with a payment on a vehicle in this price range. But, all the better for consumers who DO know their money situations and would drive a "used" one!
Exactly, and that happens a lot as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
one of our dealers had a half dozen for sale..............they had been used in tiger's wash, dc golf classic. they wanted $43K for them, which i thought a little high, since the dealer i was working with was selling me the enclave for $41K!

·
Registered
717 Posts
chile said:
one of our dealers had a half dozen for sale..............they had been used in tiger's wash, dc golf classic. they wanted $43K for them, which i thought a little high, since the dealer i was working with was selling me the enclave for $41K!
Your prob talking about Fitzgerald - they usually have decent itnernet prices listed but until recently the Enclaves have been close to sticker. I got $2300 off sticker (44275) for ours and was happy - not invoice but the exact model we wanted landed on the dealership lot and the '07 Acadia we were hoping to get sold :) - with the new price increase and increase in MD taxes we did really good compared to waiting another 9 months.

·
Registered
173 Posts
GM "exec cars" are a definite possibility. Especially early in a model's run they'll put a few hundred cars in the "PEP car" fleet used by GM managers as their daily drivers (not for testing per se). Managers are supposed to note any issues with these are report them. I think they're rotated out after three months and sent to auction.

Auto reliability research

1 - 7 of 7 Posts