EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
No issues with the sunroof leaking on our '12 so far. We weren't looking for a vehicle with one however, we couldn't find a vehicle without the sunroof with the options we wanted (yes, we could have ordered it without). The screens stay closed on them all the time as we don't use those windows.

We went with aftermarket Nav since the Nav is very inferior on the '12s and earlier. It is integrated with the vehicle, cheaper, and much better functionality and flexxibility. Not sure if I would go with OEM Nav on '13s with the new Nav..depends on what GM is asking for their new nav.

Orion - OnStar app does not work unless you renew. We didn't renew and missed the app features at first but not anymore.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bwn88 said:
Orion - OnStar app does not work unless you renew. We didn't renew and missed the app features at first but not anymore.
The question is more whether downloading an app-generated destination works if you just renew Safe & Sound and not the Directions portion of Onstar. I know parts of the app still work with S&S only.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
superfish said:
Hello all. I am interested in purchasing a new 2013 Enclave in the near future, and I had a few questions before I made my purchase.

- If I had the time frame of 3 months for purchase. Is there a consensus of when would be the best time to purchase? I know the current incentive ($1000) expires 2/28/13. Do incentives almost always go up as the model year continues? Or is it really a shot in the Dark?

- IntelliLink/Onstar/XM -- Where does one service end and another begin? What functionality do you lose without the subscription services?

- I am trying to decide if the navigation is worth it... What functionality do you lose when the car is in motion? The passenger not being able to set a destination en-route seems like a pain.

- Any trouble reported with the moon roof yet on the 2013? I am not sure it worth the extra expense and possible parts breaking for the option. Any opinions?

Thanks for all the help!

I

superfish,
I would like to thank you for your interest in the Buick Enclave! It is a great vehicle!! In regards to your question about IntelliLink/Onstar/XM; IntelliLink does not have any membership fees associated with it. The OnStar and XM will end after the initial trail period if you choose not to renew it.

OnStar includes: OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan, includes, Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Crisis Assist, First Assist, Injury Severity Predictor, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, Remote Ignition Block, Remote Door Unlock, Roadside Assistance, Remote Horn and Lights, Turn-by-Turn Navigation with OnStar eNav, Destination Download (requires navigation radio), OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands Free Calling and available OnStar RemoteLink mobile app.

XM includes: SiriusXM Satellite Radio; Enjoy a 3-month trial to the XM Premier package, with over 140 channels including commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment. And now add premium channels to your trial at no cost. Welcome to the world of satellite radio.

I hope this helps! I am always here and happy to help in any way that I can; so please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions, comments or concerns that you may have.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Gave20 said:
The dealership we're going to next week actually lists the invoice so I'm hoping for a better deal.

I was wondering about usaa looking at the rebate info it looks like you're supposed to have usaa insurance which is only available to active military but I guess it's up to the dealer to really check to details. It doesn't cost anything to join so I may take a chance.

Gave20,
I would like to thank you for your interest in the Enclave!! I am always here and happy to help in any way that I can; so if you have any questions or would like any assistance throughout your purchasing process please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Enclave. I have USAA and have never used if for anything. I only opened the account because I'm a veteran and they have a good reputation. I called USAA and within a half hour they had a letter posted in my documents on my USAA member website that gave an authorization for the $750 discount. I had no problem getting it.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
USAA seems like a well run organization. :thumb: Veterans often don't get the recognition and services that they've earned and deserve, but USAA is a noted exception.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
We love using USAA. Have auto/home insured through USAA as well as we have our credit cards through them.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I am not veteran and have no living family members who were that could have qualified me to get USAA insurance, which is always ranked as one of the best in the country.

In order to be eligible for the GM USAA $750.00 credit I was able to join their credit union and open an account for $25.00. This provided me with a USAA membership number which could be used towards the GM special incentive for USAA members.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
That is good information. Does establishing a membership in that manner also facilitate qualification for auto and home insurance coverage?

·
Registered
402 Posts
ls973800 said:
I am not veteran and have no living family members who were that could have qualified me to get USAA insurance, which is always ranked as one of the best in the country.

In order to be eligible for the GM USAA $750.00 credit I was able to join their credit union and open an account for $25.00. This provided me with a USAA membership number which could be used towards the GM special incentive for USAA members.
That is the same thing I did :thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
That is good information. Does establishing a membership in that manner also facilitate qualification for auto and home insurance coverage?
nope :( IIRC they have more to offer non-military/veterans but insurance is not one of them.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
small batch said:
nope :( IIRC they have more to offer non-military/veterans but insurance is not one of them.
That's correct. I could not obtain any insurance from USAA directly because of no veteran or active military status. They did refer me to a company that they recommend but the price was extremely high compared to what we already had.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey, dudes, how much do you pay for your home insurance? Personally I pay $ 500 for my home insurance, and I guess it's too much, so I'm going to change my home insurance company, what would you advice?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts