EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Pre-Purchase Questions

18K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  MikkeyQ4 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am interested in purchasing a new 2013 Enclave in the near future, and I had a few questions before I made my purchase.

- If I had the time frame of 3 months for purchase. Is there a consensus of when would be the best time to purchase? I know the current incentive ($1000) expires 2/28/13. Do incentives almost always go up as the model year continues? Or is it really a shot in the Dark?

- IntelliLink/Onstar/XM -- Where does one service end and another begin? What functionality do you lose without the subscription services?

- I am trying to decide if the navigation is worth it... What functionality do you lose when the car is in motion? The passenger not being able to set a destination en-route seems like a pain.

- Any trouble reported with the moon roof yet on the 2013? I am not sure it worth the extra expense and possible parts breaking for the option. Any opinions?

Thanks for all the help!

I

See less See more
#28 ·
We love using USAA. Have auto/home insured through USAA as well as we have our credit cards through them.

#29 ·
I am not veteran and have no living family members who were that could have qualified me to get USAA insurance, which is always ranked as one of the best in the country.

In order to be eligible for the GM USAA $750.00 credit I was able to join their credit union and open an account for $25.00. This provided me with a USAA membership number which could be used towards the GM special incentive for USAA members.

#31 ·
ls973800 said:
I am not veteran and have no living family members who were that could have qualified me to get USAA insurance, which is always ranked as one of the best in the country.

In order to be eligible for the GM USAA $750.00 credit I was able to join their credit union and open an account for $25.00. This provided me with a USAA membership number which could be used towards the GM special incentive for USAA members.
That is the same thing I did :thumb:

#32 ·
GoldEnclave said:
That is good information. Does establishing a membership in that manner also facilitate qualification for auto and home insurance coverage?
nope :( IIRC they have more to offer non-military/veterans but insurance is not one of them.

#33 ·
small batch said:
nope :( IIRC they have more to offer non-military/veterans but insurance is not one of them.
That's correct. I could not obtain any insurance from USAA directly because of no veteran or active military status. They did refer me to a company that they recommend but the price was extremely high compared to what we already had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.