EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
173,000 on our 2003 Trailblazer.
Last weekend I prepped it for a 4,000 mile round trip.

Oil changed- will be good for 11,500 miles.
Filter changed.
Throttle body cleaned.
Serpentine belt changed.
Coolant drained/refilled.
Rear FACTORY brakes replaced.
Brake fluid bled.
2 new headlight bulbs.
Spare lowered- aired up to spec and raised. (to show dad how to lower spare).
Front brakes inspected.

While I was doing the upgrades- the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on..... oh oh!
Brought out my laptop
P0442- Small Evaporative Leak.
I replaced the gas cap with a new GM cap. No more issues.
Techron was added to the 1st tank.

Dad left on Monday.
Arrived last night.
Made a 2 day pit stop in Mazatlan.
Checked into a beach front hotel.

roughly 1,700 mile 1 way trip.He said the Trailblazer was great.
Handled the mountains in Durango with ease.

His destination was his ranch house up in the hills.
Same place the Traverse was at in December.

Current mileage now 174,700.
This is the 4th time the Trailblazer visits that area.
The other 3 times were Guadalajara- visible a little bit south of his destination.
(Its also made 2 or 3 trips to Pensacola FL)

Destination

Rear FACTORY pads removed. 173,000 !!!

95% sure this was the cause of the P0442

Washed and ready.
More stuff for retirement house.
2 flatscreen tvs
towels, pans, etc.

Very pleased with our GM's.

:cheers:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks good RB, before we bought the wife's 2001 Dodge Stratus, she test drove a FULLY TrailBlazer, she loved it but it was a tad bit out of our price range back then.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm sure your father was very happy and pleased to be driving that nice of a vehicle. He probable never even gave a second thought to breaking down and was able to enjoy the drive.

It's a pleasure to see how some owner's take care of their vehicles, even if it is just a piece of metal to others.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gold... I didnt go with dad...

I wish I could have.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Left coast cars rock. I love seeing pics of Phoenix versions of my 1998 Nissan. No rust (mine is as if it were driven in Toronto for 17 1/2 yrs). One guy on the forum said his motor went at 379k. On older vehicles rear brakes do very little (newer cars rear pads wear faster than fronts due to traction stability), but I replaced both my calipers last weekend, and in doing so got my parking brake fuctionality back...

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
john 070 said:
Left coast cars rock. I love seeing pics of Phoenix versions of my 1998 Nissan. No rust (mine is as if it were driven in Toronto for 17 1/2 yrs). One guy on the forum said his motor went at 379k. On older vehicles rear brakes do very little (newer cars rear pads wear faster than fronts due to traction stability), but I replaced both my calipers last weekend, and in doing so got my parking brake fuctionality back...
That is a great point. Plus, left coast weather treats the people better, too. :sunny:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just an update.
Trailblazer now at 176,500
The CEL has not returned- so the gas cap was definitely the issue.
It performed great on the dirt rocky roads- and on the highway as we traveled from Guadalajara to Aguascalientes.

Stopped at a nearby river-

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Keep up the safe travels rbarrios!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Thanks for the update. I am a bit jealous of your trip. I simply don't get out very often due to my work schedule.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:thumb: I always enjoy reading about and checking out the photos of your trips. The trailblazer is a darn good vehicle for your parents. That is because of how you have taken care of it over the years and how you continue to do so. Safe travels on all of your upcoming trips.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dog and I went out for a run at 5am....
When I got back an hour later.... it was parked out front.

took a quick pic--- now at 178,113.

Came and went with no issues.

:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh my God?? How did you make it?? I am planning to drive from California till Aruba which is approximately 5,421 miles. The road is way too long and difficult and I do not have courage to pack everything and go. Now, I know for sure that my car should be seen by a mechanic, then I can hit the road. You know, I need to be sure 100% before I do such a difficult road. What websites you usually use to analyze the countries before visiting them? Currently, I am using travelsafe-abroad.com and it looks fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh my God?? How did you make it?? I am planning to drive from California till Aruba which is approximately 5,421 miles. The road is way too long and difficult and I do not have courage to pack everything and go. Now, I know for sure that my car should be seen by a mechanic, then I can hit the road. You know, I need to be sure 100% before I do such a difficult road. What websites you usually use to analyze the countries before visiting them? Currently, I am using travelsafe-abroad.com and it looks fine.
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts