EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did my weekly "Build Your Buick" on the Buick website. The base price of a FWL CXL increased $200 going from $34,990 to $35,190. Also, the price of the seven-spoke chrome-plated wheels increased $300. Old price was $1,495 with a $600 deduct (or $895), now they are $1,195 with no deduct. So the Enclave I ordered a month ago has gone up $500! Oh well, at least the conquest rebate is still at $1,000 for my zipcode.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Lovely, maybe that's why they have been waiting to generate my Invoice. I think if you special order, the price should be good from the date you ordered it. The way things work in my business, the sell price is the quoted price at the time of order.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ccaats said:
Lovely, maybe that's why they have been waiting to generate my Invoice. I think if you special order, the price should be good from the date you ordered it. The way things work in my business, the sell price is the quoted price at the time of order.
If you have a signed purchase order and have left a deposit, they must honor the price at the time of the order period, no room for negogiation. You would have legal recourse if anything less happens. I think the dealer would honor your deal even if you didn't have it in writing, but I certainly hope you did. I did when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Had it in writing....we will see!

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a dealer rep, vehicles ordered before the price increase are price protected. I have 6 Enclaves in stock as of 10/9/07. Even at a $200 increase, the Enclave is a great deal for the dollar. I hope I am able to say these things.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lesabre said:
As a dealer rep, vehicles ordered before the price increase are price protected. I have 6 Enclaves in stock as of 10/9/07. Even at a $200 increase, the Enclave is a great deal for the dollar. I hope I am able to say these things.
Thank you for that, I was sure that was the case.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
why are they increasing the price? isn't the car expensive enough.... buick is beginning to seem too wishy washy... this is an awesome car but w/all the issues (ie., ordering, price gouging by dealers, availability.... etc.,) and now an automatic increase in price is even more reason i am beginning to lean more towards the outlook.... saturn has always been my second choice... i also saw the highlander today and it's a nice change from the old ones. however, i really want an american car and preferrably one of the lambda's :-\.... the good thing for me is that i'm in no hurry so therefore i have plenty of time to make my final decision. I really don't appreciate buick wanting to make me believe that they are doing me a favor. this is imho of course.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
not a TOYOTA!!! it would be ok if you decided on the outlook but not a toyota!!!

G

·
Gmoney_2010 said:
not a TOYOTA!!! it would be ok if you decided on the outlook but not a toyota!!!
i have to go with Gmoney here, the Outlook is so much better than the Gasp, highlander (it does not deserve a capital letter).

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
dont want a toyota guys.... was just stating that it looks wayyyy better than it used too.... the outlook would definitly be my second choice.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
MsS42 said:
dont want a toyota guys.... was just stating that it looks wayyyy better than it used too.... the outlook would definitly be my second choice.
I also liked the Outlook and until I saw the Enclave, I thought I had made up my mind to get the Outlook over the Acadia which I found to be on the plain side as far as the interior went. The Outlook salesman never called my back despite several calls, I even went in and told him I was definitely buying an Outlook, told him what I wanted, and he was going to look for what I wanted in Dealer stock around the area, again never called back. I also did not like the fact that you pay sticker price period as well as whatever they tell you they will give you for your trade. I was frustrated, but as soon as I saw the Enclave I knew I wanted that which in my opinion was much more striking. I have never regretted my choice even though it was hard to wait 14 weeks as I did. I believe the wait times are much less now.

Believe me price gouging and bad dealers are not restricted to Buick dealers....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Re: PRICE INCREASE???

I just visited buick.com and rebuilt the RedJewel Enclave I first priced on September 16. Same MSRP now as then (39,620) for a CXL AWD with everything except optional/upgraded roof, entertainment, & wheels.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I just priced out our CXL AWD and the Buick webpage now shows a MSRP of $500 more than the vehicle I own.

·
Registered
129 Posts
YO!

:ditto:

Just priced our Gold Mist with same options and it came out $500 more.

I guess GM has to pay for that "bonus" all UAW workers are getting. ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
You guys complaining about a few hundred bucks.
Up here in Canada GM is making a killing selling
Enclaves. The sticker prices are around $8,000
more than in the US. I paid around the same
for my CX as you lucky Americans pay for a CXL.
It's still a great vehicle at any price

·
Registered
577 Posts
Why do Canadians not buy from the US.

If you order all options you are closer to a $15,000 difference at MSRP not including the taxes on the $15,000

·
Registered
358 Posts
Do you know if the price increase is for the new builds only? My enclave is just waiting upon delivery in the next week (supposedly). We have the sheet with the VIN# and pricing which is lower than the new cost. However, the dealer did not make us leave a deposit. He has all of our info including our GM supplier discount number and as of now hasn't called to tell us of the increase.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts