EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share some information that just sent me over the edge today -- for those of you that ordered before Buick's price increase and have the paperwork written up that your order is a "sold" order, not out of dealer's stock. Unbeknownst to all of us, Enclaves produced after (10/1) a particular date will have a new, higher MSRP. But, what all of us don't know, but Lesabre above did confirm, is that ALL BONA FIDE ORDERS ENTERED INTO THE VOMS SYSTEM ON OR BEFORE THE DATE (I don't have the exact date but believe it is 10/1) AND DELIVERED TO THE ORIGINAL CUSTOMER AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE PRICE PROTECTED. These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.

This language is GM language and comes from another internal GM memo that I found out about elsewhere. As Lesabre notes, vehicles ordered before the price increase ARE price protected, but I guaran-dam-tee you that most dealers will simply say no, the price has gone up -- and might even show you the invoice -- because the invoice WILL reflect the increase in MSRP and Dealer Cost. However, as GM notes above, they WILL BE CREDITING THE DEALER'S ACCOUNT for the price increase once they have your paperwork signed and shown as delivered.

Another $200 to $500 more to the bottom line on every Enclave sold, the way I see it.

I have personally called Buick and have gotten nowhere about this policy being dictated by GM -- it's, like supplier pricing -- up to the dealer whether they will admit to this "rebate" coming back to them for your order taken under old pricing and whether they will give that back to you or simpy abide by the original price quote.

I asked the dealer about this price protection and was told "no, sorry, you have to pay the higher amount." If you don't want the Enclave anymore, just let us know and we'll be happy to sell it at sticker or above."

So much for honesty.
So much for fair.
So much for anything other than making as much money as you can, even though it wouldn't cost you a dime.
Nice to line your pocket with another $200 to $500 or more. :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have seen my paperwork with "out the door" price and the pricing was as agreed upon when we ordered the vehicle, so our dealer did not apply the price increase. Mine was built week of 10/1.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I ordered mine from my dealer on 10/4 and received the confirmation and order # from GM on 10/9 - they honored the same MSRP as I was given by my dealer, and we contacted our dealer and they are honoring the same agreed upon numbers as when we signed contract to order.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ordered 8/21. Delivered 11/20. No word about a price increase.
today, 1/10/08 I was at the dealer for a minor service matter and the business manager comes to me in the waiting room and brings me a check for $418.00! The slip said "price protection allowance." It was a check FROM the dealer. I knew nothing and they could have kept it. Ken Fowler in Ukah CA. They also gave me a good price to begin with, great service all around. :cheers: :cheers:
Outstanding dealer.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks for sharing your POSITIVE news of a good/honest Buick dealer. Believe it or not, there are MANY of them out there!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My dealer called and asked me to come in to sign for and pick up my price protection check. They have been really up front with me throughout the entire process. Great Service and honesty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts