EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Prices paid for Enclave

105K views 351 replies 139 participants last post by  metamoran 
#1 ·
I am stealing Fenwah's idea from Acadiaforum.

This is just to get an idea what prices people are paying for the Enclave.

Here is the template

Purchase Date
Car Dealership name incl city/state (no salesmen names please)
Model Year
Trim Level
MSRP
Invoice
Incentives received
Price Paid after incentives
Color
Lease payment (if leasing)

#180 ·
I have tried supplier price in Silicon Valley and nobody wanted to order it for me. I had to order it out of state, through family connections. I will pay 500 drop ship fee but it is worth it.
Hopely you will find someone to order it for you. The dealers Buick dealers finally have a beautiful vehicle and are turning sour. Do not give up ... good luck

#181 ·
Ok. After losing out on two previous Enclaves over pricing, I have found one even better. This one has everything (including the Lux package) and tops out just shy ofd 1100 over invoice. The only problem - it isn't my first choice in color. I wanted Carbon Metalic and this is Gold Mist. I'm sure it's pretty (haven't seen one this color in person yet) but I am concerned about the two tone coloring and that it will be too light to really *pop* all the chrome trim. I know. I know. My name says it all. But can somebody with the Gold Mist please reply and tell me it looks great in PERSON?? The pics make it look really light and I wanted darker. BUT - considering that it has everything else I wanted and that the price is something I can live with, I am on the verge of going to get her.................... :beer:

#182 ·
princess said:
Ok. After losing out on two previous Enclaves over pricing, I have found one even better. This one has everything (including the Lux package) and tops out just shy ofd 1100 over invoice. The only problem - it isn't my first choice in color. I wanted Carbon Metalic and this is Gold Mist. I'm sure it's pretty (haven't seen one this color in person yet) but I am concerned about the two tone coloring and that it will be too light to really *pop* all the chrome trim. I know. I know. My name says it all. But can somebody with the Gold Mist please reply and tell me it looks great in PERSON?? The pics make it look really light and I wanted darker. BUT - considering that it has everything else I wanted and that the price is something I can live with, I am on the verge of going to get her.................... :beer:
I think these pictures tell it the best:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=4145

It is NOT a dark shade, and with gold that's a good thing (TOO gold, and it gets beige Camry, etc. frumpy), and is just a "mist", hence the name. And in the same way, the chrome and all the details still really pop well--not as much of a black & white difference as on a darker colored model, but in a more subdued way.

It's a great color...but given you originally wanted Carbon Black, it is a huge difference, and usually if you like black/charcoal/gray, you don't like gold. But I'd recommend at least still looking at it in person, in different light, and see if it "hits" you. At least some of the benefits would include it doesn't suck up as much heat in the sun, barely shows any dirt or scratches, and...is available now. But for such an expensive purchase, don't settle--because every time you see one that is "right", you'll be jealous and wish you hadn't jumped.

#183 ·
Caddycruiser, EXCELLENT advice! I almost jumped on the practically perfect Enclave, BUT it was FWD and I really wanted AWD for the snow. I'm glad I waited and got EXACTLY what I wanted, because you are right, I would have obsessed over it when the snow arrives!
Princess, What did you decide to do? And where are you located?

#184 ·
I am in Virginia near DC. I have the gold mist on hold and its mine if I want it when it comes in. Its due in any day. Maybe tomorrow! I am actually getting more comfortable with the color. While I loved the carbon, I think the gold will show less dirt/dust and I made a point of looking for other GMC gold vehicles over the weekend and liked them just fine. I would have had a harder time giving up options choices than color. The one I am waiting on has AWD, LUX, ENT#4, Driver Conf, 19 chrome wheels, Sunroof etc. Basically everything but the heat block. So unless I see it in person and really hate it (and I can't imagine that happening!) I'm going to go ahead with it.

#185 ·
Yeah, in that case, I would just go with it...the equipment is right, it's here soon, and if you've seen the color and like it--and aren't completely set on the carbon--lucky you.

It will definitely at least be lower maintenance than black, or anything darker--but still look great.

#186 ·
Purchase Date 11/20/07
Car Dealership name incl city/state: Krieger, Muscatine, IA
Model Year:'08
Trim Level: CXL AWD
MSRP 44,645
Invoice 41,104
Incentives received: None
Price Paid after incentives: 41,030 + ttl
Color: Carbon Black, Ebony Leather

Also has entertainment number package 4, luxury, driver conv, towing, and cargo shade/net.
The search is finally over and the 2 1/2 drive home was great!!!

#187 ·
Purchase Date: 9/15/07
Car Dealership name incl city/state: Ferguson Pontiac, Buick, GMC. Norman, Oklahoma
Model Year: 2008
Trim Level: CXL AWD
MSRP: 44180
Invoice: 41491.03
Incentives received: $500 conquest
Price Paid after incentives: 41491.03
Color: WDT / Cashmere
Also an Opal white / Cashmere

I am paying 500 over invoice, before the conquest rebate.

#188 ·
I live in South Florida and I am getting the complete runaround from these Buick Dealers... They all want MSRP for the Enclave due to high demand. The best I have seen is $500 below MSRP but when you add in dealer fees of at least $550 that cancels out any money saved. I have bought cars in the past, but this seems like there is no negotiating with these clowns!! Maybe I could order one out of state and pay for shipping in order to get $3000 off like some of you in other states... Any suggestions would help...Thank you...

#189 ·
Speedo, have you tried Costco? Worth the membership fee for a good deal. Although the Costco deal will not be as good on the Enclave as on some other vehicles (and I bet it won't be $3,000 under MSRP, maybe $1500 under) it is definitely worth a try. (The dealer was willing to give me invoice on an Acadia thru Costco, no go, but tempting) It is the only thing that enabled me to get a discount here in NJ where some dealers were adding a $500 NJ fee to MSRP because it was 'hard to get'.

#191 ·
Speedo23

If you are willing to drive (or fly) to another dealer, you will have a lot more options open to you re pricing. I had one on order and ended up buying one in MI (we live in IL); we drove about 400 miles roundtrip to buy ours, partly because all the dealers in the Chicago metro area would not honor the GM Supplier pricing. We had a trade and I was even able to work out the trade ahead of time by taking a number of good photos of our trade and sending them to the dealer in MI as part of the negotiating process.

If you work for a large company, you might have access to the GM Supplier program -- the selling price is fixed, we got ours that way and saved several thousand dollars. You should search the forum because there are a lot of threads/posts detailing forum members bought their Enclave. Many like me have driven several hundred miles -- a few of our forum members have flown to a dealer to pick up their Enclave and some have done it all over the phone and had their Enclave "flat-bedded" to them by a car carrier. So, there's lot of ways to get one.

My 1st suggestion is to work the Buick.com site for an Enclave that fits your option/color needs. Keep expanding the circle of zips outward and sooner rather than later you'll come up with 1 or several. Then you can call (I'd suggest email to start) and go from there. If you have questions on how to work the Buick site, there are some threads on that as well.

Good luck, let us know how things work out. I sure wouldn't give up.

#192 ·
Thanks for the advice DESIGNCONCEPTS... I am currently trying to get a local mgr. to ship one here but I like your idea better (buick.com and expand from there). I need it by the end of the year for the sect. 179 tax write off; so I am under the gun!! I will try it and let you know how it goes...

Thanks again...

#193 ·
Just came back from the dealer and it looks like I'm a new member of the Enclave family!

I was expecting to go in to order a custom Enclave using my supplier discount and ended up getting a fully loaded Carbon Flash w/Ebony Leather that they had on the lot. It sort of took me by surprise - I didn't expect them to be able to do better than the supplier discount but glad they did. Ended up getting it about 2 months before the lease was up on our Pathfinder but considering the leadtime that others have been posting, I think I made the right decision.

MSRP: $44,440
Invoice: $40,838
Paid: $40,000! (with $500 Conquest incentive)

Ended up getting it for just over $800 UNDER invoice! ;D ;D ;D

:cheers:

#195 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. I have refined my search to the following, CXL AWD, White diamond tricoat, cocoa cashmere leather, Entertainment package #4, confidence package, luxury package, 19" chrome wheels- 7 spoke. If you know any dealers in your area... Let me know and i will call them to order over the phone and use my AMEX...

My email address is david@ds1communications.com

Thanks and God Bless.

#196 ·
kschutzler said:
I am trying to buy an enclave with GM Employee pricing - 3 dealers have told me they won't honor this pricing. Has anyone else had the same problem?
I tried two dealers here in the Philadelphia PA areas and they were both willing to accept GM Employee pricing although you could see their disappointment when I brought it up. I think you should be able to find someone, definitely worth the effort.

We ordered a CXL FWD Black Carbon, Cocoa Cashmere interior, Confidence, Chrome 19' wheels, sunroof...
MSRP: 37,805
Invoice: 34,934
Employee: 34,158.78

Dont know if the conquest rebate can be applied or not but hope it is available when the vehicle arrives for delivery.

#197 ·
We had the dealer in Manchester, NH (Quirk) refuse to honor the GM supplier discount unless it was a vehicle already on their lot. We finally got an Enclave from another more compliant dealer in NH: CXL AWD, 8-seat, trailering, luxury, driver confidence, cargo net/shade. MSRP 40,540, we paid 38,033.

BTW: before buying it, we looked at: Volvo XC90, Mercury Mountaineer, Ford Edge, Ford Sport-Trac, Mazda CX-9, and Toyota Sequoia. This vehicle replaced a Toyota Tundra double-cab.

#198 ·
:help: OK...before I take the big leap and put in my order, I want to get a feel from those of you in the know - is this a good deal?

I am ordering: 2008 Platinum/Titanium CXL AWD w/: Drivers Confidence, Ent #1, Sunroof and Cargo Shade/Net

MSRP: $40,665
Invoice: $38,136
Offer: $38,365

This is in Portland, OR and w/Costco discount.

Thanks for any help!!

#199 ·
Yes this is a good price compared to what folks were getting when the Enclave first came out. This is close to the GM Supplier Discount which I got. I forget to put in my previous post that we also got the sunroof. So this is close to my MSRP and similar price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.