EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the posts I have read refer to Prices paid for orders. I am curious if there is a substantial difference between Prices for Orders and Prices for taking delivery from dealer lot. So can folks that have purchased from dealer inventory/order and picked up their cars within a week of purchase post their prices paid.

Here is mine
Purchase Date 7/7/07 - Pickup 7/13/07
Car Dealership name incl city/state James Wood Pontiac GMC, Denton TX.
Model Year 2008
Trim Level CXL
MSRP 43210.00
Incentives received 1000 Conquest + 850 Off MSRP
Price Paid after incentives 41360.00 +TTL (44,200 approx)
Color Tri Coat Diamond

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
We've heard the rumors of customers paying over MSRP for Enclaves off the lot. I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone on our forum.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Red Jewel
AWD
CXL
7 Passenger
Ebony
Moonroof
Luxury Package
Driver Confidence
Entertainment Package 4 (DVD + NAV)
Trailer Package
Cargo cover and net

MSRP $44965
Supplier $41893
Conquest $1000
Traded 99 Maxima GLE w/ 90K miles for $5000
Price Paid $35,893 (or $40,893 with 5000 for the trade).

I had to work with the dealer for a month to locate the vehicle for me. When I met him, he had a Red Jewel loaded, but with 8 passenger and Titanium interior, which I didnt want. After a week of no luck I called him that I will take the one he has on the lot, he said it is not anymore! But the dealer was very hopeful that he can swap any of his Acadias with an Enclave. Of course that didnt happen for another 3 weeks, finally he got a White Opal in stock and was able to swap it.

At the end, I didn't order mine, picked up off-the lot.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
axiama said:
We've heard the rumors of customers paying over MSRP for Enclaves off the lot. I'd like to know if this has happened to anyone on our forum.
I'm soooo jealous of Coop and others that got that "supplier" discount, but good for them!!! My dealer (next state!!) had exactly what I wanted. We needed a car fast and he rounded off the MSRP from $43,177 to $43,000 ! What a deal!??? Says he wanted OVER MSRP and I hung up! So I paid tax (about 2K), got $1,000 Conquest and $1,000 GM points (about $4000 total for State and dealer) , and including mandatory "Window etching" @ $179 (all their cars are done automatically!?*&##[email protected]*"??) Bank fee, doc fee, reg. fee, first month and all else.......... I pay $698 Mo/39 month. OUCH!!!! But when I drive....... :angel:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Bought mine off the lot at Rick Weaver in Erie, PA 7/31/07

CX AWD Platinum/Ebony 8 passenger, Driver Confidence Pkg.
MSRP $34,815
Supplier $33,166
Would have got the Conquest Cash if my garage hadn't been full of Pontiac's.
Whole deal took about 30 minutes. I got what I wanted at what I think is a fair price.
I'm a happy camper. :dancing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought our CXL AWD Platinum Metallic w/ Ebony Interior a week ago.

Options are:
Entertainment Pkg #2 (DVD)
Driver Confidence Package
Luxury Package
FTC Chrome Package (chrome wheels, sunroof / skylight)
Cargo Net
Cargo Shade

Easiest car deal I've ever done. MSRP was $41,700. Based on a little research at Edmunds, I wanted to pay less than $39,700. In a couple of email exchanges, we got it for $39,500, including tags and title. There were no doc fees, no window etching no extra crap. Just $39,500 plus 3% NC sales tax.

I think we goog a good deal, though I'm sure a little more could've been saved with some effort. It was worth it to me, though -- very painless deal done over email with a salesman who ended up being very likeable when we met. Next time I buy a GM, I'll go to him first.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I bought mine off of the lot on April 30th in Minneapolis. I think they gave me a better deal than they would have given to someone else due to an issue with the ordering process. To remind everyone I ordered a vehicle and getting the order accepted with the chrome wheels was a nightmare. About a week after ordering the first vehicle to arrive at the dealership was what we ordered with the exception of the second row seat was captains chairs and not a bench as we had ordered. After some debate we took the vehicle rather than waiting for our ordered vehicle.

MSRP $42,110 - CXL AWD with sunroof, driver confidence, luxury, 19" chrome wheels, entertainment #1, trailering, block heater

Paid $39,984

Rebates of $1300 - Conquest and $300 GM card earnings

Total before taxes, etc - $38684

·
Registered
8 Posts
:angryfire:

The first dealer we visited said the Enclaves would be selling for MSRP or a Premium above MSRP. I told him it had been 20 years since I paid MSRP for a vehicle, but if that's what it took we would pay it. Luckily, I found this web site the day after our visit and saw that some people were paying $2-3,000 below MSRP. The second dealer quoted us the Edmond's TMV price almost exactly. The third cut $500 of that and we ordered from him. His dealership is 3 miles from home, and the last one we checked.

MSRP was $44,165
Paid $41,400 Plus TTT

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started this thread primarily to find out what people were paying for the car when getting them from dealer lots as opposed to ordering them and waiting 8-10 weeks. I was curious if there was any price difference between ordering and taking immediate delivery. Most of the posts in the other thread refer to prices paid for ordering the car. Just curious to see how much more expensive (if any) it is for not having to wait 2 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading all the horror stories as a guest on this forum about dealer allocations for orders, as well as having salesmen at the local Chicago dealerships treat the Enclaves on their lots as first born, I followed the advice of many who have written and broadened my search a couple hundred miles and found a dealer in Lapeer, Michigan (east of Flint) with "internet pricing", Roberts Buick Pontiac. They had the the white diamond CXL-AWD with all the bells and whistles that my wife wanted with a MSRP of 46,210.00 that I picked up Saturday for 42,934.16 plus tax & title. There was no "market adjustment", "dealer prep" or any other add-on, request for payment of their electric bill or charge. Their internet pricing is listed on their web site, robertsbuickpontiac.com and their internet sales manager Heather Lynch completed the deal in ten minutes. The drive home to Chicago (at varying speeds under 55 mph, of course) was a pleasure cruise.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Congrats and enjoy that new ride. And don't forget...

:worthless:

·
Registered
743 Posts
tightwad said:
After reading all the horror stories as a guest on this forum about dealer allocations for orders, as well as having salesmen at the local Chicago dealerships treat the Enclaves on their lots as first born, I followed the advice of many who have written and broadened my search a couple hundred miles and found a dealer in Lapeer, Michigan (east of Flint) with "internet pricing", Roberts Buick Pontiac. They had the the white diamond CXL-AWD with all the bells and whistles that my wife wanted with a MSRP of 46,210.00 that I picked up Saturday for 42,934.16 plus tax & title. There was no "market adjustment", "dealer prep" or any other add-on, request for payment of their electric bill or charge. Their internet pricing is listed on their web site, robertsbuickpontiac.com and their internet sales manager Heather Lynch completed the deal in ten minutes. The drive home to Chicago (at varying speeds under 55 mph, of course) was a pleasure cruise.
Tightwad, I just located the same thing a few minutes ago on Buick.com. Same Price as yours and I will be making calls tomorrow. Approx 200 miles away. I hope I'm as fortunate as you are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts