EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strongly considering upgrading to a 7 seater vehicle, current is Infiniti FX35 :thumb:. Looking at the Outlok and Enclave. I have sent an internet price request through Edmunds yesterday for the Enclave and got "0" responses. I called a few dealerships and they all said sticker. Does anybody recomend a local dealership or have any tips? Is there a seceret way to get supplier pricing?

I am in the northwest part of Houston.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will share my experience with Houston dealerships. I also completed the Edmunds internet quote. It took about two days before I received a response. Most wanted me to come by the dealership and wouldn't initially give an internet quote. Except one...WestPoint Buick, sales rep was David Jones. In fact, WestPoint Buick gave the best price, therefore, I ordered from them. I had an unpleasant experience at two other dealerships. First, HUBB Buick was extremely unprofessional. My wife and I went there to test drive the vehicle and inquire about ordering. The sales rep, maybe 20 yrs old, was too busy text messaging on his cell phone to answer questions. When he did happen to respond, he knew nothing about the vehicle. I contacted their internet Dept. and relayed my experience with them and said I hope that this was an isolated incident and not a reflection of how the dealership treats customers. WRONG! I asked them if their dealership could match the WestPoint Buicks quote. The sales manager emailed me back saying, "we will have to pass on your business. The Enclave is a hot item and we are only discounting them $500.00 below MSRP." Second, LAWRENCE MARSHALL did give the best internet quote. So, I went to order the vehicle from them. Guess what? The internet sales rep would not honor the quote ($37,500). In fact he would only discount the vehicle with the conquest rebate off of MSRP. He tried to say that the conquest rebate was $500 for the Enclave. I quickly called him on his mistake. He then discounted the vehicle $1000 (conquest rebate) off MSRP. He had no answer why he originally gave me a quote that he couldn't honor, except to say that his boss would never go for that price. I hesitated to name the dealerships but with Buicks reputations for poor customer service, I think that the only way to encourage change is by word of mouth. I will paste a copy of the quote given to me by West Point.

Enclave CXL FWD ORDER white diamond seven passenger, skylight/sunroof,drivers confidence pkg,ent.pkg #3 and titanium leather MSRP $40,580 EPRICE $37903.13 it has ben taking about 8 weeks will order with $500 deposit

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Circle-D said:
Strongly considering upgrading to a 7 seater vehicle, current is Infiniti FX35 :thumb:. Looking at the Outlok and Enclave. I have sent an internet price request through Edmunds yesterday for the Enclave and got "0" responses. I called a few dealerships and they all said sticker. Does anybody recomend a local dealership or have any tips? Is there a seceret way to get supplier pricing?

I am in the northwest part of Houston.
Firstly, it's a shame you were treated that way! Yes, the free market dictates prices, but there is a way to treat customers and a way not. Many here (NY) have gone w/ Costco/Price Club's customer program, yielding exc. savings. Do you have them near you? Usually $50 a year to join, and no obligation to buy or stay.

If can travel a little (100-400 miles) go on-line to Buick .com, use Vehicle/Dealer locater to find an Enclave, and talk honestly to a rep. With a little luck ( a lot?) you can give a credit card deposit and get a good deal in writing, before you go there! If lucky enough to find one coming in/in stock, expect to pay about sticker or a little less, and getting something w/ 50-250 miles on it! (the dealer owners love to take the Enclaves home at nite!!!) I did this and with Conquest Cash ($1000) plus my GM Credit Points Earnings, got a half-way decent deal, in 2 days!

But if you can order (takes 8-25 weeks, depending on options/allotments, etc)!!!!!) you'll get best price after finding a local/close dealer w/ courtesy. That's it, unless someone in Texas has a "brother-in-law" !! ;)!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I'm in Houston - Katy actually - and I ordered from David Taylor on 59. My sales guy is very nice and helpful, and far (maybe too far?) from agressive. Price is ok. I'm like you and didn't get a good internet response at all - lots of spam, but no real quotes. Hub was very rude and said "have you priced on online? That's your price."

Of course I'll know more about the experience when the car actually comes in! It's only been 3 weeks since I ordered.

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We went and sat in an Enclave today - Cocoa w/ Cashmere, Loved it. It is a very noticible difference from the Outlook. The best word I can think of is "Plush." Since we are coming from a 5 seater Infiniti, the Saturn definately fit the bill for size and functionality, but just didn't get me excited. I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait to own a Buick 8), it is the perfect car/suv for us.

We went to Hubb, and it is definately not a customer friendly place. We are still picking colors and options, but hopefully in the next few days I will start contacting the dealerships mentioned and see what they offer. I did ask the salesman at Hubb about the price, and he just looked at the sticker. I told him I was looking for $500 over invoice and he actually laughed.

Thanks for all the input, it ia appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cat,
Have to agree about David Taylor. I spoke with them on several ocassions and they were very polite and informative. They actually had all three colors we were deciding between, which allowed us to compare all at one time. I would have loved to have done business with them, but it came down to price. You and I ordered about the same time (Sept. 9th for me). Please keep post of your production code status. It will be interesting to see how long each dealer takes to receive an ordered vehicle. When I ordered, the dealership had just received an ordered white diamond, lux pkg, drivers conf. ent. pkg #4. The salesman said it took about three months to get it, but he said one customer just picked up a special order that only took less than a month. He said it should take about 8 weeks to get ours, but I'm figuring 14 weeks (this will keep me from becoming too impatient).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Circle-D said:
I told him I was looking for $500 over invoice and he actually laughed.
Well, you have to remember, as is common in a lot of places still, when they can get someone else to walk on the lot 5 minutes later and willingly pay sticker or only a few bucks less, discounting to yet another customer just because they ask isn't high on the priorities list. If they had a big supply, yes, but now...not so much.

This is how it's been FOR YEARS for makers like Honda, Acura, Toyota, etc. whenever they had a new, hot model come out, and few ever balked--just those who wanted early spent the dough. Now, Buick and others are finally on the same level of product hot-ness, but the pricing that comes with that still doesn't strike the right cord.

Still, I completely understand your point, and there's so many dealers, outside buying services, etc., you'll hopefully be able to get what you want for a slightly tapped down price without too much stress.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smokin SRX - Thanks for the tip!

I checked out the Costco deal and a dealer in Sealy, Cliff Jones Auto World, handles their transactions. A little bit of a drive, but hopefully worth it. Anybody ever used them?

The Costco deal sounds promissing, $100 over invoice, and Cliff Jones has no advertising fees.

How does the Texas chrome package work, compared to Edmunds invoice price?

I am starting to get excited, sadly I will probably have to order it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Circle-D said:
Smokin SRX - Thanks for the tip!

I checked out the Costco deal and a dealer in Sealy, Cliff Jones Auto World, handles their transactions. A little bit of a drive, but hopefully worth it. Anybody ever used them?

The Costco deal sounds promissing, $100 over invoice, and Cliff Jones has no advertising fees.

How does the Texas chrome package work, compared to Edmunds invoice price?

I am starting to get excited, sadly I will probably have to order it.
Sorry, but I'm a NY'er and don't know about the local, Texas package you refer too! I think I saw some mention of it here a while ago. try a search on this forum! But for that price...........get a move on , little doggy!! :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts