EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered our first problem with the Enclave this morning...the rear hatch suddenly isn't working right.

When you do the power open, it opens 3/4 of the way and then makes a "pop" sound before reversing and slowly coming back down.

If you open it the manual way, it doesn't hold it's self up... and it just SLAMS shut when you let go!

Anybody else experienced this or a similar problem? I guess I'm making a trip back to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
NO problem here.
Maybe one of the struts is defective.
That's why we have warranties. :thumb:
Good luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
That "pop" sound you heard is the strut disenganging itself from the motor because it thinks it has resistance. Unless you were applying the resistance, this is definitely not normal. I think it's time to have it looked at.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insights...I'm wondering if the resistance it's feeling is caused by the weight of the door hatch (since the hydraulic lifts seem to be doing nothing). I know when I open it manually, it's surprisingly heavy (given that I'm getting zero support from the hydraulic thingy - technical term)...and wow does it slam hard and fast once you let go.

I have an appointment at the dealer...this is aggravating considering I just had it at the dealer yesterday for my transmission upgrade. Seems like the dealer might have done something to cause this problem...although I don't think you have to mess with the rear hatch to upgrade the transmission. ;D Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the timing sure is strange.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just discovered our first problem with the Enclave this morning...the rear hatch suddenly isn't working right.

When you do the power open, it opens 3/4 of the way and then makes a "pop" sound before reversing and slowly coming back down.

If you open it the manual way, it doesn't hold it's self up... and it just SLAMS shut when you let go!

Anybody else experienced this or a similar problem? I guess I'm making a trip back to the dealer.
Did you get this fixed? My enclave is doing the same thing

·
Super Moderator
238 Posts
lolo20, this thread is 13 years old and the OP hasn't been around in awhile, but perhaps someone else has had the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts